Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Night

Last night I was on the receiving end of a drunken text (as opposed to being the sender). Wow, when I think of all the texts/emails/messages I've drunkenly left, I am so embarrassed. I am on Day 2 of AF and starting Antabuse today. I am so scared of the side effects that there's NO WAY I will drink on it...the good thing is that it takes alcohol out of the equation, so I won't even have to spend time "debating" with myself tonight when witching hour rolls around. Anyways, just wanted to share that I got a bit of a chuckle when I received that text...and how thankful I was to be sober last night!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Last Night

K9, I think sometimes these little messages from the Universe are not random! Good for you coming up with a plan that can really work. There are lots of sober people here at MWO who use / used Antabuse to get there. I've got to think it helps to get that decision off the table.

Strength and hope to you!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Last Night

My Aunt drunk dailed me a few days ago and she sounded so dumb and I was like "damn is that how I sounded" smh
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Last Night

Hi K9, like you say, it is nice to not be on the wrong end of stupid things done when drunk. I hope you feel Ok with your new drug. Hang in there,
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Last Night

Hi Hill, FallonsMom, K9 and DG,

Well, it's the start of an AF Easter weekend for me today. I'm a little nervous about tomorrow night because we're celebrating Easter then, as well as my niece's engagement and the champagne will be flowing, but I am determined to be AF. Lord knows my family has seen me drunk on more holidays then I can count the last 3 years....I want to surprise them with my sobriety!

K9...how is the Antabuse? I ordered some but it won't be here until next week....not soon enough in my book.

Anyway, I'm off to the gym. Talk to everyone a little later.

Rusty

Comment

Working...
          X