So ashamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So ashamed

When I read this, I feel so bad for you. Seems there are others that have been through similar situations and survived and thrived.

I never had PPD, so I don't know how that feels. But I do know that you can be much happier without adding alcohol to the mix. You won't have to feel guilty and ashamed on top of sad. Give this program a try and stay with us! You don't want to go down that road. It is such a wonderful feeling to be a sober parent!

:welcome:
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

So ashamed

Hi Lonely Gal!
      Welcome, we are glad you are here. I can relate to your situation. I was 8.5 months pregnant when my husband left me, for a woman 20 years older than me. That was 12 years ago. Needless to say, I've done a lot of drinking and other things I am ashamed of in those 12 years. I know it's never to late though, to start over, and live a life alcohol free. You can do this, not only for yourself, but for your beautiful baby. Please let us know how you're doing. :l
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

So ashamed

I have slipped so many times... I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to be so lost and ashamed of myself. I guess I still am to an extend. It has not been long for me, just a couple of days. But please don't give up.

Comment

So ashamed

lonley gal;832041 wrote: When He left me I had postnatal depression. I started buying bottles of wine when I was in the supermarket. I feel Ive been a terrible mother. I have hardly any friends and just feel like Im a useless person.
          Hi Lonley girl,

I have been there.. I went through a terrible time with PND, and my ex was not really very supportive - he just verbally abused me and made me feel terrible.. I was also going to the bottle shop (which is what liquour stores are called in Oz) with my young baby in his pram, buying up to 3 bottles of wine at a time.. looking back, I cannot believe what I was doing! You have to forgive yourself though.. I did not know any other ways of coping, and had been to my GP and put on anti-depressants also, but of course they do not work when you are drinking.. my GP never suggested a counsellor - so it was not until things (my drinking) was really out of control that a counsellor was suggested.. Please try and get in to see a counsellor where you are - they really help! Counsellors have professional training to help you see things differently and more positively.. it takes time.. I have been seeing mine for 18 months now, and I have improved so much - I hardly ever drink anymore, and never get drunk around my son anymore.. I am back on anti-d's, and feel they are beginning to work now that I am not drinking.. Take care and keep coming on here, it has helped me so much.. I also don't have many friends but not drinking will help you think more clearly to come up with ways to meet people - I am going to start taking my son to a new playgroup soon, and now I am sober I can go to the park and feel more confident when talking to people - I met one of my latest friends just by being at the park with my son.. people will respect you more when sober and I am sure you will soon make new friends..take one day at a time (ODAT) and we are here for you..
          Katie xxx
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

So ashamed

Hi Lonely Girl. Just wanted to add another :welcome: Life without AL is monumentally better than life WITH AL. To me, sobriety is worth every bit of difficulty it took to get. If I can do it, you can too. I was hopeless and couldn't string 2 AF days together before I found MWO. I was also seriously considering suicide and had a plan. I'm grateful that my life has joy and purpose now. YOU CAN TOO!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

So ashamed

hey Lonely girl
              we are here for you baby!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

So ashamed

Lonely, thank you for finding this site. Don't be ashamed. We are ALL human. Please stay close and post your thoughts. This will pay off at the end. :welcome:

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

So ashamed

Hi Lonely
                  We can all identify with what you're going through, but be positive because you can beat this. Take your time to read all the advice and the book etc and work out your plan.
                  My husband left me in November, but I started drinking before he left to dull the despair of a crumbling marriage. It certainly didn't help - me or the marriage. Realise that whatever you have lost, you now have a new start and new choices. The future is best face sober

Comment

So ashamed

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all the replies. I really am so inspired by all I've read on this site. Nearly at the end of my second day and feel so much better than yesterday.

I even did the dreaded supermarket shop today. I always buy my wine in supermarkets, its just so tempting to throw a few bottles into the trolley with the groceries. Today I avoided the wine aisle. Anyway, while I was queing to pay my 4 year old son said 'you didnt get a bottle of wine'. I felt awful. I thought I was good at hiding it from him (I always drink wine in a mug and call it tea - so sad) but clearly he's well aware of it.

Between that and my fall thursday night, this really has to be it. I dont want my sons to grow up thinking my drinking is normal. Thanks again everyone. I'll be back soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X