Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good but not brilliant

Morning, Afternoon or Evening depending on your time zone,

Coming to the end of my first week since joining this world. Yeah it has been ok. I feel for the first time in years confident that I can control my drinking. Last night it took me over 4 hours to finish a bottle of wine. Normal circs would have had two bottles in that time. Did not really want the last 1/2 glass but downed it anyway. This is when I need to pour it down the sink.

Thing is I was raised under the system that waste is bad because of the starving nations. I am old enough to know that me not wasting my food etc will not and does not help them. That is no longer an excuse.

I am reading 'My Way Out' and have just finished the section concerning Roberta and Brenda's emails to each other. Wow it is like reading my own story. Scary that I can connect with so many of the situtions they have described.

I know this is not a battle to be won overnight, but I now have the weapons to win........... All of you and this site.

Thank you xx
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Good but not brilliant

Welcome, Quit. Knowledge is power.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good but not brilliant

Double Q....Welcome.....it helps to have support ! My jock stap can testify to that ! ha! Anyway glad your here ...we can have fun and stay sober ! IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good but not brilliant

Welcome quit, you are in a good place with lots of support & advice,keep reading & posting...dont quit quitting

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good but not brilliant

Thank you so much for your support.

Went out last night Hubby's birthday. We did not have the usual bottle of wine before we went out. We did call in at the pub on the way to the restaurant and I had a white wine spritzer did not finish it all. We did have the usual bottle of wine with the meal, but I alternated between sips of wine and water, Hubby had the greater share. We did not go back to the pub after leaving the restaurant. Back indoors the guys had wine Hubby red and our friend had white. Me and my girly friend had a cup of tea. All looking really great.

I then had another glass of white wine. When our friends had left I finished the bottle and then helped finish the red. Why why why when everthing was going so well. Then I wake up wishing I had not had the wine and so it starts allover again.

I do feel I am heading in the right direction as my wine consumption over the last week has been greatly reduced.
          Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Working...
          X