day 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 4!

I am on day 4 without drinking. Yesterday after work I decided to spend the weekend at my parents 2 hours south. Good and bad. Last night I was freaking out but was able to escape to a meeting.
    So many unpleasant and lonely fealings haunt me. I usually run and drink these away. They are aweful.
    Easter dinner tomorrow with the big family, then I travel back to my world.
    Being sober is great in someways- feeling real and sometimes good about myself, but bad in that alot of times I just feel so lonely in life and sink so much in boredome and bad feelings about myself.
    Still going.
    JB

day 4!

Hey Beanzy,

Day 4 is Fabulous!!! Get to one week and see how you feel!!!

The way I got my 30 days (then slipped) was to make it to one week. Once I got to the one week, I simply did not stop going until I got to 30 days. I did not count days, I just stopped drinking.

I never thought I could ever do 30 days in a row AF, but I was amazed at once I got started, it just got easier and easier every single day. ITS TRUE! It DOES get easier and easier. Just give it a chance.

About the feeling lonely and bored, Well, I think once you get adjusted to a new AF lifestyle, those feelings might just go away. Start a new hobby perhaps? Go back to school? Anything that can take up the time you would be spending on drinking.

Just give it time Beanzy. Be a little patient and be kind to yourself. The rewards will come to you, I promise.

Overit

Oh, BTW. After I made my 30 days, I slipped up big time. But you know what? I just got right back on board, no problem
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

day 4!

Thanx overit, thats encouraging. I'm going for it. JB

Comment

day 4!

Beanzy, what have you quit doing since drinking too much that you enjoyed? Sports, other outdoor activities, needlework, art? We usually give up our artistic side once we become so involved with AL. Is there a local theatre group you could join, or reading, fishing, walking, etc. etc. There are SO many things going on out in the non-AL focussed world! :welcome: Welcome here, and go find your real destiny.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

day 4!

I do have artistic interests, but I have been isolated by drinking for so long I m just so desperately lonely and I find it hard to spend time by myself.
          Maybe I will seek out a class. JB

Comment

day 4!

I hear ya Beanzy. I really do understand. Been there done that.

One thing you just HAVE to know, and Its my DUTY to tell you!!!

Without a SHADOW of a DOUBT, no IFS ANDS OR BUTS, no comparision, Its BLACK and WHITE. (dramatic enough for you?)

A SOBER LIFE IS BETTER THAN A LIFE CONSUMED BY ALCOHOL!!!

Im sorry, doing some tough love on you, but there are times you need it Beanzy!!!! I appreciate when I get the tough love. Sometimes it works!!!!

:l

Overit
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

day 4!

Beanzy- Congrats on Day 4 ! I can relate, I live a 5 minute walk from my parents and going to their house is like going to an open bar. They have the fully stocked liquor cabinet - and I have used AL to deal with my feelings of not being worthy. You will get thru this and OVERIT2007 is 100% right - sober life is a lot better than the AL life. Go thru the posts, you will see many great reasons to not drink AL.

Comment

day 4!

Hey Beanzy, I hope that you made it through your Easter dinner OK. I had to make a quick exit from the dinner table at my inlaws, to avoid too much chat with wine and awkwardness, but it worked and I stayed af. How about you? Hope all is well,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                X