Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climbing out of a bottle.

Hi

Don't know if this is gonna work, but I am going to give it a try.

I have drawn a bottle shape on a piece of A4 paper with a ladder in it and laminated it. I have then got a 3 smiley faces on the reverse is a sad face. Each day I go AF I can climb a rung of the ladder. If I have a drink it is back to the bottom, but a sad face will sit there until I get to that rung of the ladder again. The aim is to have 1 month AF and then take it from there.

Why three faces in case I lose one, or the cats eat it.

As this is my private hell in my home only Hubby and me can see my progress.

Today is day one and he is on the night shift. So wish me luck.
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Good luck 2Q. There will be no drinking for me today either. So see - you are not alone!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

QQ,

What a creative visual you are going to use. I say whatever works. I use stickies and put them on my microwave - nothing fancy but a reminder.

I find staying connected to MWO helps more than anything. Happy you are here.

AD

Comment

Visual cues are great motivation!!!!!
        LT formerly known as stillcrawling

Comment

QQ, love your idea. You can do the AF thing, it just takes a plan and lots of effort. It is very helpful to get to know MWO people and their struggles and successes. Hope to get to know you better. Today, I commit to being AF.
          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

It's been an AF Easter here, too. I realized that this is my second Easter Sunday that I have managed to be AF. I was AF on Easter 2009. I'm happy about that!

I hope all are enjoying the day!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

QQ - I also LOVE you idea! Its great.... for years i have been drawing yellow smiley faces on my calendar on all the AF days which usually only got to a maximum of 3 a month if i was lucky :boohoo: Now I have one on every day of my calendar this year!
              I hope you get to the top of that ladder and enjoy all the on the way!
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

I'll join you

I will go alcohol free today.
                Thank you
                Tant
                AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Thanx

We are all in this together and it is such a comfort knowing you are all there. It may take different time scales but together we can do this.

Today I feel great - I am on the first rung of the ladder. Hubby worked the night shift last night and is intending to open a bottle of wine as it was his birthday yesterday. Me I plan to o/d on hot chocolate. Correction I WILL have the hot choccie.

Hubby is on this journey with me and he is going to start his smiley face climb tomorrow.

Comment

Good stuff Quit, up you go, I believe it is beautiful at the top.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi Quit,

Well done on your first rung! I used to mark AF days on the calendar. It's good to *see* progress. Have you discovered the Drink Tracker on this site too? I think that's a great tool in the beginning.
                      sigpic
                      AF since December 22nd 2008
                      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

I really need to stay AF ... keep quitting, am so sick of it. May stay in bed all day, unsure. Good luck to all
                        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Hey QQ,

Excellent Idea. I am all for sticker charts, diary marks, anything that works.

Don't forgot to add in some treats.

I don't know what you like but my treats would be...week 1 - some good cheese and crackers; week 2 - a book; week 3 - a museum trip; week 4 (and think of all the money you've saved) - a massage or facial.

Good luck and keep climbing!

Spam xx

Comment

Hey Spam

Only been here a short while and you know me to well already. Cheese.....................
                            Adore the stuff.

Comment

Do you know what I mean if I say..

Cheeese, Gromit.

Comment

Working...
                              X