Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

Hi ODATers!

I didn't see a thread yet so I am making one. How is everyone on this Easter Sunday? To those of you who observe it, may you have a nice Easter. To those of you who don't, may you have a great AF Sunday.

I observe it but will be spending ANOTHER holiday alone. That is what happens when one is single without children and no family near and most of my friends live elsewhere. I do have a friend here but I am afraid she might have pancreatitis due to drinking. I advised her to go to the ER yesterday as she cannot keep food or water down and has a history of pancreatic problems due to drinking, but I don't know if she went and she hasn't returned my calls. I hate what alcohol does to people.

I found a freezer on Craig's list and it's being delivered here today - all for $125. Pretty good deal. So now I can bake and cook to my heart's content. I need something to do in lieu of drinking and smoking. So that's my plan. Well, have a great and AF day all!

AD

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

Ok, it's official. I am taking this personally. 14 views of this thread and yet people are responding in the ODAT Saturday thread and it's Sunday. It must have been something I said. Great.

It's Easter, I'm alone, my GF IS in the hospital with pancreatitis. Super. And for some reason people want to post in the Saturday ODAT thread. Thanks.

Comment

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

Hi AD.....I never have posted on here before. I have been sort of surfing around because it doesn't seem like many people are on. So, you got your freezer? GREAT!!!!! Did you find somewhere that you can donate your food?
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

Oh - so sorry to hear about your friend. I was just trying to research it. Is it something that they can treat?
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

:l o dear AD dont take it personally. im responsible for maybe 3 of the views. i flip about all over the place and dont always post. im sorry to hear about your friend, your not having much luck are you. ive yet again felt an urge to drink, pottering in the garden has a drinking associatoion for me (doesnt everything). god knows how i will be when it comes to barbeque time.
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

Hi Guys!
            Had a great ODAT Easter Sunday but ate way too much chocolate :yuk:
            Went out for lunch with two girls from my AA group for the 1st time plus a crowd of guys we all know who are big drinkers so it was a kinda strange contrast but I enjoyed the mad experience of it!
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

Don't take it personally, AD. It took me a while to realise that the ODAT threads were starting on different days, not all the same. Sometimes I can't remember which threads I've posted on and lose the thread altogether.
              The freezer sounds good. So are you going to be baking up a storm now?

Comment

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

AD - definately don't take it personally.. I didn't feel I should write on either w/e threads as I drank both sat and sun.. i started the monday thread to feel good as it's now Day 1 again for me, so it felt like making a fresh start! take care.. i hope you are coping ok.. let's do this together and have a great AF week!
                Katie xxx
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

and with the sat thread - it was mainly mamab and spam having a conversation..
                  xxx
                  "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

ODAT, Sunday, April 4

Hey AD....I have been gone all day...thinking of you
                    mama
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                    X