Day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 4

Well, I am on day 4 AF! I feel good about it. I started Antabuse on Friday, and it seems to be what I need. I am horrified of the side effects, so I won't risk anything that contains any alcohol. I ordered some Baclofen online, but I will be returning it as soon as I receive it. I just don't think I need it anymore, the Antabuse is totally working for me. Any thoughts on that? Any reason I'd need Baclofen also?
    Thanks, and hope everyone is well!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Day 4

Hi kK9,
    Congratulations on your success with Antabuse. I myself kicked it with bac, but we are not all the same. I guess if I might suggest that you hang on to the bac for a couple of weeks just to make sure the Antabuse continues to work but if you need to return the bac ASAP to get your money, than I guess you should return it.
    Anyway, again congrats!

Comment

Day 4

Congrats K9!! So thrilled to hear this is working for you. Whatever it takes!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 4

You go gurl.....whatever works....AB scares the crap out of me....I am on Topamax and it seems to be working
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Day 4

K9 Lover

Congratulations, K9!

That is wonderful news! I won't be receiving my AB until Friday and I'm wondering what kind of dosage you're on? I'm afraid of side effects, too, since I've never taken it before.

It's nice to hear another sober success story!

Rusty

Comment

Day 4

K9Lover;833445 wrote: Well, I am on day 4 AF! I feel good about it. I started Antabuse on Friday, and it seems to be what I need. I am horrified of the side effects, so I won't risk anything that contains any alcohol. I ordered some Baclofen online, but I will be returning it as soon as I receive it. I just don't think I need it anymore, the Antabuse is totally working for me. Any thoughts on that? Any reason I'd need Baclofen also?
            Thanks, and hope everyone is well!
            K9
            The only reason I'd think you'd need baclofen is if your cravings got bad. In that case, check with a pharmacist to see if the two drugs can be taken together. I'm glad the antabuse is working for you...I'm wondering if that's the route I should take. Keep us posted!

Comment

Day 4

mama bear;833585 wrote: AB scares the crap out of me....
              It scares the crap out of me too Mama! That's why it's working!!

Rusty:
              I am currently taking 500mg's a day for the first 2 weeks, then I will maintain at 250mg a day.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 4

Yay K9! Keep it up! Keep us posted!
                :h getting better every day

Comment

Working...
                X