Mama Bear Has A Confession to Make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of you here think of me as funny and supportive.....and for the most part I am. I joined on my birthday, February 12th.
    I started the supplements and cd's right away, and started Topamax 4 weeks ago. The Topa is kicking in and I have felt better, but I have not stopped drinking.
    i have been fooling myself that I am doing better because I have cut way, way back and I thought that was ok.
    I have a horrible job that is extremely stressful and have major financial difficulties that I have never had to face. My home is in foreclosure, and we have had to file bankruptcy. My husband's job is shaky at best.
    Last night I got loaded. I picked a fight with my husband and said some awful things. I don't even remember most of it. My 18 year old witnessed most of it and I feel like an idiot.
    My confession is this....I am an alcoholic and I have to stop. I cannot moderate.
    I am adding my quit date to my signature. Please help me remember this confession. I do not want to lose my family.
    My husband was great this morning...he understands, but he is tired of everything.....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Congratulations Mama on this important step. Accepting 100% that I am an alcohlic who can NEVER drink safely was one of the most difficult, yet liberating things I have ever done. I hope this experience is equally liberating for you, and starts you on the road to recovery.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Oh Mama
      What do I say? You sound like you are in a rotten situation, its no wonder you would fall into a bottle, but it only makes things seem worse doesn't it. Your husband sounds great, lean on him and for a while forget about supporting people here, you need support yourself - reach out and its there.
      Be gentle with yourself, you ARE having a bad time, but you know the bastard drink is not the solution - thats half the battle
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Oh, Mama Bear. You are going thru a lot. Don't beat yourself up about last night....."over, done with, gone!". I am sorry for what is going on in your life right now-and I understand some of it as my husband has been unemployed for over a year now. You have cut way back and that is an achievement that you need to be proud of. You will get there - I have faith in you. Just keep thinking about how much you love your family. I love reading your posts and wish I had your humor. I know I don't post much, but I am here every day reading - this place is my lifeline and you are a big part of it. Thank you for being here.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Mama bear, I'm sorry life is so difficult right now. Please hang in there- we're all here to help and cheer you on. It sounds like you're making the right decision...:l

Comment

Hi Mama!
            Please hang in there and don't beat yourself up over last night. We've all been there. Just pick yourself up and start over again today. I know you're going through other things and that also makes it difficult. Please know we are here if you need us. I'm hoping the best for you!
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MB, , the first step is admitting it. (Tired, but true) You're still young here, to the support and the tools. Yes, the first prayer is to drink normally. 99.9% of the time it AIN'T gonna happen. It's a fact of life. If you learn from this, truly, then treat it as a lesson. Thank and apologize to your family, and ask them sincerely for help and support. It's already here for you. :hug:
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Mama Bear, Ditto, ditto, ditto. We all love you and want you to be strong for yourself, not just for others. I'm having a hard time with that one, too. I drank last night, too, not a gallon of vodka like I wanted, but half a bottle of wine. It still drinking. I hate I did it, but I did. Life sucks, I know, but we can do it sober with the support, understanding and encouragement of others. Let's just lend a helping hand and not try to save everyone else, but focus on ourselves more, which is so hard to do for some of us! I love you and hope everything works out for you.
                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Mama Bear -

I agree with DG - when I finally admitted I was an alcoholic I could do something about it. Take all of this as an opportunity to move forward, and don't look back. I made it out - you will to.
                  ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Oh mama bear my heart goes out to you life really throws challenges at us. I so relate to where you are right now my drinking career started 20 plus years ago when me and my husband went through the same thing, bankrupt lost the house and the lifestyle. We got through it by supporting each other and lots of rows lol!!! I will mail you tomorrow I'm on my phone at the moment and it's difficult to get down what I want to say xxxx stay strong and positive love you lots p xx
                    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Well done to you Mama - everything will become much clearer when you get a bit of AF time under your belt.
                      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

mama bear, That is too much stress for anyone to be under but this could really be your light at the end of the Tunnel. I wish you all the best that life has to offer!

runningwind
                        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Thank you so much everyone. I had a long talk with my husband and he is being great. Now I have to put on my big girl panties and prove it to him
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

good to hear that your hubby is being great about it mama.

I am sure you will prove to him that you can do this. Just jump on here anytime you are feeling a bit antsy okay. It gets easier.
                            It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

mama,
                              Congratulations on your decision,from me too. It helps so much if you have your family as added support.
                              J x
                              :l
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X