Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama Bear Has A Confession to Make

Good for you Mama.

We are all here for you - we are all on this journey together.

QQ
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Mama bear, you are absloutely correct you are supportive, one of the most supportive people here. You are also under a heck of a lot of pressure by the sounds of it and it is hard, very hard but you are here and really trying. We have done things drunk that we regret the next day so you arent alone there.
      It would be so much easier to just say **** it and stay hiding in the bottom of a bottle but you didnt choose that, you are holding your head up and saying I dont want this any more, I am worth more. So onwards and upwards, today is a new day, you can do this, I know you can.
      Keep safe
      KTAB
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Well done mamabear, being honest with oneself is the first step in this battle,and as you have given much support to others i am sure you will receive the same,welcome to your new & better life.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mama, I am sorry that you are going through such a tough spell at work and home. I am very proud of you for making the decision to stop. I had to do the same thing a while back. You can do it, hang in there.
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Sorry to hear what you're going through, Mama.

Make this day the first day of the rest of your life.

You have given so much encouragement and love to so many people here.

Now it's time to be selfish and think about YOU.

Let yourself have your strength now.

Spam xx

Comment

All the very best to you, Mama Bear. I appreciated your support when I first posted. x

Comment

Hi Mama!
                Thinking about you! How are things going today? Keep us posted. We honestly care about you....and hope you're well. And if you're not so well, that's okay too, we are here for you.
                :h
                K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am going fine and I really appreciate everyone's kind words of support!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey there - you are doing just fine - one thing about the Topa is that it does take some time to kick in and yours should be kicking in about now - my doc and pharmacist both said 4-6 weeks, so things should be getting easier for you. We have all been where you are. Been there done that yada etc. Just get back up and you will make it in the end Jan! It is a great feeling to beat that demon once and for all and you will do it - you really will!!! Hang in there friend.
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi MBear,
                      I just saw this thread. Sorry to hear that you are going through this. An awful lot of people are going through the same thing and worse right now. We went through similar problems back in 2000. We ended up in debt up to our eyeballs due to my cancer treatment. Even with insurance, we accumulated medical bills of over $250.000 and I could not work for 4 months......a month after I returned to work, my company decided to eliminate my position! All I could think was......this is so unfair! And in truth, it was unfair and not right and no fault of our own. But, that is how life is sometimes, not fair and hard to deal with! I wish that I had found MWO at that time......but, I was drinking my way through that time.....not good!

I am happy that you are here.....dealing with all of this sober, will help you so much. You will bounce back and you will be able to bounce back faster and stronger without alcohol in your life! Remember, just as quickly as things can turn badly, they can also turn around for the best!

You are a treasure......I am so happy that you are here......keep coming back and keep up the hard work, it will all pay off for you!

XXx Kate
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Oh mama bear, I am so sorry this has happened to you. And to have your 18 year old son witness this makes me so sad.

I pray that you find peace and comfort in the days ahead. :l
                        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Mama Bear,
                          I can also relate to your situation. We were both laid off from our jobs 2 years ago, not alcohol related. Sold one of our vehicles yesterday for rent. We have both started home businesses as we can't find jobs to support us. We aren't making it.

But the alcohol for both of us was ruining our life and our future.

I quit 13 days ago, again. The problems are still there but Alcohol is not fueling them anymore for me. My husband has come around and has really cut down his drinking.

I can only take care of myself and realize the only way out of this is sober.

My heart goes out to you. I'm confident you'll make the choices in your life that will bring you out of this.
                          Take care!

Comment

Sorry to hear of your problems, Mama Bear. These are very tough times indeed, for so many people.

Don't feel discouraged about "Falling out of the Nest" - think about how much better you are doing now with AL than before you joined MWO!

I think I speak for everyone when I say we all appreciate your friendship and caring personality and wish the best for you.

Stay strong... you will get through it all, I am sure!
                            Coco

Comment

Hey Mamma! Hang in there my friend, ive cut right back and am feeling pretty good but man deep down I know Im going to have to stop completely..

Take care sweetheart

Overit!!!

Comment

Mama

I've been through financial melt-down but at the time didn't have anything much to lose (no house or car etc), and it was just me on my own. Hard work though. One of the reasons I've quit is because I don't want to risk losing it all again.

Sometimes these things have to happen before we get real.

Comment

Working...
                                X