Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggers

Someone at work just undermined a decision that I made, and proceed to forward our email conversation to EVERYbody. My first thought? "Whatever, I can't wait to go home and have a few beers!" Oh wait, I don't drink anymore.

A few deep breaths later, I realized that this person (or anyone, for that matter) does not have that kind of power over me. I CHOOSE not to drink, not to poison myself anymore. Nothing and nobody can change my mind about that.

~Whew...I feel better now~

:heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Triggers

Well done K9Lover. You are being very strong. I loved your realisation that NO-ONE has the power over to to make you drink. Fantastic! Keep it up.
    Hippy Chick
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Triggers

GOOD JOB K9!!!!! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Triggers

Good one K9, addiction is an amazing thing (in the worst possible way of course) when I have a crisis the first thing I think of is having a drink, a very close second is to have a cigarette - I am 25 years off cigarettes!!! Well done!
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Triggers

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Wow I will remember that thought next time :thanks: for sharing K9

P x
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Triggers

K9, what a wonderful statement you have made. All of us who read your post will benefit from the awesome reminder. High five!
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Triggers

K9....my boss is a total TOOL......someone told me he is not worth my sobriety......Itry to remember that......good job girlie
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Triggers

Great job K9 - you should be proud of yourself. :goodjob:

It's hard to accept that we can't always control people or situations - God knows I saw the bottom of many vodka bottles trying though. The only person that we have total control over is ourselves, and I love how you identified your reaction to this situation and chose to handle it in a positive and healthy manner.
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Working...
                X