Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just occured to me

Hello,
    I've been posting threads here for yonks and the underlying message has been "I"m scared to go A/F". Well it's just occured to me that I need to GROW UP, be an adult and take responsibility for me.

Seriously though, I have wondered if being dead would be better than A/F (such is my addiction!).

Going to do the grown up thing though and toughen up.

It's just occured to me

Well Muppet,
    my first reaction is: If you were dead, how will you know if that is better than AF? Not to make light of a very serious issue but if you think about it, it's true. I hope you are seeking counseling if these thoughts are very frequent.

I had to grow up too and take responsibility for me. I was in a downward spiral of poor health, no social life, neglecting my pets and coming dangerously close to be reprimanded at work for all my sick days. Not to mention the worry I was causing my family.

Please give AF a try. I think that after the initial withdrawal (and if it's really bad please seek professional help to get through it), you will be amazed at the energy you have and how busy you become. If you haven't ordered or put together the supplements, ordered and downloaded the book and CDs, please think seriously about doing just that. Also, topomax or bac might be the way for you as well. Most importantly, please keep coming here and reading and posting. I always find inspiration on this site, especially when I'm feeling down and/or thinking about that "one" glass of wine.

Good luck Muppet. It's a hard journey but one worth making.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

It's just occured to me

You can do it Muppet!!!

I hear ya when you say "its time to grow up" but how about its time for Muppet to find happiness outside the bottle???

Lets be honest, living with the demon of alcohol on your back, is just no way to live. We are supposed to live Free! Who can live their true dreams and passions while the chains of alcohol hold us down?

I've only been sober a mere 6 weeks with one HUGE slip. Its true, life is so much more enjoyable and ten thousand times better Free!!!

We are rooting for you Muppet!!!

:l
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

It's just occured to me

Good for you Muppet!!
        Go for it and yes, you are right. It is so much better being free instead of feeling enslaved to the bottle!
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

It's just occured to me

Muppett,

Just do it - you'll never be sorry!
          I am so grateful for the day I decided to jump into my BGP's (big girl pants) nearly 13 months ago
          I lover living the sober life, you will too!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It's just occured to me

Muppett, it sounds like you know you want to go af. You can do it. It is scary to think about a life without booze, how people will react etc. You can do it though, one day at a time. There are so many people here who can help you through it. All the best.
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

It's just occured to me

Go for it, Muppett - it was the best decision I ever made!
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
              X