It's Day 3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Day 3!

Well, our little shindig was cancelled due to back pain and exhaustion (mine - too much gardening!) Also, i just said to my hub, "i don't feel like drinking" and he said, "neither do i!" so I feel less stressed about that. just saying "I don't feel like it"...so simple!

Comment

It's Day 3!

everytime i do something sober that i would have had a drink to do I FEEL BRILLIANT. little by little its giving me strength to carry on with this sober living. as i would have a drink to do just about anything im feeling pretty good all the time. so much better than the old feelings
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

It's Day 3!

so much better...!

Hi Spuddleduck,

I know what you mean! I used to have a beer in my hand all the time - thought it helped me cope with the drudgery of cleaning, etc. - but feeling like it's just not necessary is empowering! Good for you :goodjob:

Comment

It's Day 3!

Oh, another thought...back pain used to be a huge trigger. I would cover up the pain and exhaustion with alcohol, and then carry on overdoing it and hurt myself even more. Now i'm admitting I have limits, and although my family would probably prefer not to have me exhausted and cranky, I think my husband would prefer it to my drinking...I remember someone telling me about Eddie Van Halen hurting himself by jumping around on stage when he was drunk. Anyway, this last time I overdid it gardening, sober, but didn't self-medicate the soreness afterwards, which is a positive step, I think...

Comment

It's Day 3!

someone else, ive solved the back issue for me. ive just got a fabby new toy. a back massage machine. its brill. ive been out gardening today and now im getting a back massage. sooooo much better than drinking
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

It's Day 3!

That sounds great! I have one of those mats you like on, thinking about using it after I take my daughter to school

It's sort of like this, but an older model:

Homedics? Body Revitalizer™ 5-Motor Massage Mat with Heat - Bed Bath & Beyond

What is yours like?

Comment

It's Day 3!

Have to admit I'm craving a little...but I think it is just to feel different, not necessarily AL! Day 5...

Comment

It's Day 3!

OK, I'm having tea, and I got some Doan's back pain pills, I'm going to take a hot bath and then lay on my back massage mat. Then, if it still hurts, I have Tiger Balm patches. I should be all set...

Comment

It's Day 3!

Tea, bath, and massage sounds like heaven!

Hope you feel heaps better!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

It's Day 3!

I am so happy you're dinner was cancelled! How nice is it to say Day 5?! You would not have been able to say that - even with a half glass (and usually that is unrealistic)... You are an inspiration! Keep it going!
                      God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

It's Day 3!

thanks - my back feels just a little better, but not much...I'm not that much of an inspiration, really - I'm thinking of having a beer, but I promise not to overdo it...don't worry, y'all...

till tomorrow...

Comment

It's Day 3!

I'm sorry to hear you have constant back pain. I have constant pain in my jaw. I'm thinking of going to an Acupuncturist as I have tried everything else including alcohol. Happy to hear your "gathering" has been canceled. I hope you don't go for the beer. I know you are in pain, but try putting bengay on your back or take a bath. Beer isn't going to improve your back, only your mindset. Congrats on day 5! Keep up the good work.
                          September 23, 2011

Comment

It's Day 3!

I always thought AL would ease my pain or improve my mindset. All I ever got for my trouble was a hangover. Well, on a lucky day all I got was a hangover.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

It's Day 3!

oops

Well, I'm sorry to say that I did cave...had a few beers and then some wine with dinner. Luckily my husband either didn't notice, or just chose not to say anything. He didn't act like anything was amiss. I know I shouldn't have. But I know I can handle other triggers, now I have to be careful not to hurt my back, because I'm not very good about dealing with pain. I did it to myself, with yard work. I had some vicodin left over from when I had surgery a few months ago but ran out. People deal with a lot worse problems than I have - my back problems are only occasional. The other times I've hurt it, it was better in a couple of days, but this time, by the time I got to the 5th day or so, and had done all the right things, I got frustrated and did the wrong thing. I'm back on the wagon though...sorry to disappoint y'all. One thing I didn't do yesterday was stretching exercises - I'm doing them today and it's helping a little. It actually felt better when I woke up, than it did when I woke up yesterday.

Well, I'm thankful to have another day to do things right, and take care of myself and my family...

Comment

It's Day 3!

Got through the day

I just decided I'd rather tolerate pain (and stressful situations) than feel all the negative feelings associated with abusing alcohol. Now I just have to keep that motivation going...

Comment

Working...
                                X