Just Getting It...Day 1 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed! Had dinner with friends. Only one glass of wine but the wine that followed was more than enough. I feel like a child scorned. Day one begins again tomorrow! I am bad. Maybe someday I will lean. Maybe. Hopefully.

Comment

Here is something to think about. Is having a few drinks with the crowd who can moderate worth all the suffering and after effects you go through with the AL that follows?

Going to sound very harsh but if joining in with your friends is worth the consequences then carry on. If you wish to have your health, family life without the hangovers and depression, guilt etc then putting those friends to one side is probably a necessity.

Difficult choice but logic makes it very clear.

Comment

You are right. There isn't any right choice but to say no to any alcohol. Logic doesn't always win over desire, unfortunately. Hopefully soon it will. Thank you for the sound advice.

Comment

For some of us wanting to quit, it takes more than one try. So...get up, and decide right now if you really want it bad enough to do it. Just do it. No-- "I am going to TRY" or "HOPEFULLY" I can quit. You need some positive affirmations, and you need to get honest with yourself. And, yes, some time away from any drinking. It sounds and seems impossible at first, but it isn't. But, you've got to want it bad enough and have the right mind-set.
          Keep trying, it is so worth it!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
          X