new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

Hello. I haven't started this program yet but plan to. I recently. Had to move out of my home I shared with my girlfriend , her two children, and my own child due to my drinking. I haven't had a drink in five days and I never want to drink again. I am going to proffesional help but this system seems like it will work well with it. I want to stay sober and be there for my son. And hopefully rebuild the relationship I messed up.
    Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
    No more bad future-Skull Skates

new here

Good luck to you sk8punk!

Comment

new here

:welcome: hi sk8punk. good to have you here. this is a great place for advice and support. it sounds like you head is in the right place to do this. keep reading and posting and let us know how you're getting on.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

new here

Hi Sk8punk, welcome. This is a great place to be like Spuddle said. Congratulations on 5 days. Hang in there. Use the resource of awesome people that are here to help you. Good luck,
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

new here

Hi Sk8punk,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
          I'm from the other side of PA, closer to Philly. But I have enjoyed making friends from all over the world here.
          Congrats on your 5 AF days, you have a great start! Make a good plan for yourself. Take a look in the
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas.
          Please feel free to drop in the 'Newbies Nest' thread for more support!

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

new here

Welcome

Well done on the 5 days that is brilliant. Yolu can expect loads of help and support here.

QQ
            Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

new here

Welcome Sk8punk
              Sometimes it takes a crisis in our lives to do something and sounds like you have had a personal crisis alright. You know what you have to do and with some professional help and the good people here you have a great start. Best of luck on your journey
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

new here

Thanks for the warm welcome. Still haven't drank. And I definatly don' want to. Pysiccally I feel really good. Start counsuling tomorrow. Can't wait.
                Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
                No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

new here

Hi and welcome to myo sk8punk, you have taken a great first step in your new life,this is a great community with lots of great support and advice from people who are/have been there,done that and worn the t-shirt,hope you give yourself a chance to try and recover,it can & will be done.hope to see you around.goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

new here

Welcome Sk8punk,
                    The combination of face to face support, and online support/education/info here, reading everyone's stories, and realising you are not alone in the battle, is a strong one. Keep your plan strong and ongoing, and as Lavande suggested, don't forget to read the Toolbox thread, which is essential reading.

Best wishes on your journey.
                    Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                    X