Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm alive. Are you?

Hey my fellow MWO brothers and sisters.

I havn't checked in much for the past week and a half or so. As I mentioned the other day on the ODAT thread, my brother had a serious motorbike accident (who is doing much better now and is back at home). I've been crazy busy it seems and have hardly been able to get some 'me' time to check into the internet, etc. However busy is good, keeps me out of trouble.

I just noticed that today marks my 30days AF! It's been a remarkable journey this past couple of weeks and I can only encourage those that are beginning their journey (or beginning it again) how great it feels. I took things ODAT and 30 days seemed an impossible task but wasn't!!! Things have gotten easier for me. It's taken me a good year to get back to a place where I could get 30 days AF in after slipping after 3 1/2 months last year but now that I have finally gotten over it and have decided to give it my best shot I am really, really happy and feel blessed. The first 2 weeks were particularly tough but things started easin up a little. I'm really getting used to not having to drink to have fun, etc. I have spend much more time with my wife and kids and they are at least as happy to have me sober (if not much more).

God has pulled for me this past 30 days, encouraged me when I was at my weakest but a special thanks to all my buddies here on MWO.

This is only the beginning of the journey for me. I look forward to a live withough AL. I am going to beat this One Day at a Time all the way!! And if I get knocked down, I get up again.

Luv you guys,

Johnny
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

I'm alive. Are you?

Hi Johnny,
    Congratulations on 30 days AF! Glad that you are feeling so great!

I just realized that I can't mod (just joined MWO in March thinking I could). Today is day 1. Looking forward to the feeling you are experiencing today.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

Well done Johnny on 30 days:goodjob:, that's really great. Also so glad your brother is getting better, it focuses the mind on how precious and fragile life is and how when we abuse our bodies the way we did it is such an incredible waste.
      Nice to have you back as well - I think Spam has been missing you as have I!!
      Molly:l
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

Hi Johnny fantastic on the 30 days :goodjob: great news on your brother.

Thanks for coming back so cheerful gives encouragement to all, particular me who is not doing so well on the AF at the moment but i'm in a good place and don't feel down.

:l
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

Hey Johnny,

Yes you've been missed. I tend to think the worst when people disappear.

Well Done on your 30 days. I'm really pleased for you.

Spam xx

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

30 days is great!
            I need to get to the point where I remember what it is like to have fun without a drink.
            I find when I abandon this site things slowly go south.
            Enjoy the day!!

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

congrats johnny,a great attitude,dont let it go,gyco

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

Hi Johnny....
                Spam and I have been worried about you,,,so glad you are back and I hope your brother is improving.
                Bravo on 30 days....you inspire me...
                mama
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

Hey guys. I'm very, very happy to read your posts. Thank you.

4 my health: Yeah. That realisation just took me another 12 months after I had already made my peace with it last year. It's the hardest part to tell yourself that this is really it. There is no AL in your life going forward. It is so easy to tell yourself, well I'll do a couple of days, weeks months and than when I have beaten that maybe I can have a drink every now and again. The process of farewell is tough. But now that you are making your peace give it your best shot. To no regret I'm sure

Argh.... pressed the button to early

To my fellow ODATERS I have been missing you dearly. Thank you for caring.

I got another busy week ahead of me but will try and pop in more often and than next week I hope things will normalise again.

I luv you guys all
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

Well Done Johnny

Hello and Congratulaions. Please your brother is also on the mend.

QQ
                    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

johnnyh;836758 wrote: Hey my fellow MWO brothers and sisters.

I havn't checked in much for the past week and a half or so. As I mentioned the other day on the ODAT thread, my brother had a serious motorbike accident (who is doing much better now and is back at home). I've been crazy busy it seems and have hardly been able to get some 'me' time to check into the internet, etc. However busy is good, keeps me out of trouble.

I just noticed that today marks my 30days AF! It's been a remarkable journey this past couple of weeks and I can only encourage those that are beginning their journey (or beginning it again) how great it feels. I took things ODAT and 30 days seemed an impossible task but wasn't!!! Things have gotten easier for me. It's taken me a good year to get back to a place where I could get 30 days AF in after slipping after 3 1/2 months last year but now that I have finally gotten over it and have decided to give it my best shot I am really, really happy and feel blessed. The first 2 weeks were particularly tough but things started easin up a little. I'm really getting used to not having to drink to have fun, etc. I have spend much more time with my wife and kids and they are at least as happy to have me sober (if not much more).

God has pulled for me this past 30 days, encouraged me when I was at my weakest but a special thanks to all my buddies here on MWO.

This is only the beginning of the journey for me. I look forward to a live withough AL. I am going to beat this One Day at a Time all the way!! And if I get knocked down, I get up again.

Luv you guys,

Johnny
                      WOW - good for you! Congratulations!
                      Coco

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

Hi Johnny,

Good to see you back, and super-congrats on your 30 days AF!! (it's probably 32 days now??) - I am back on board, day 4 for me today.. but feeling ok - I am alive! lol
                        Take care.. look forward to you starting the ODAT threads..
                        Katie x
                        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

I'm alive. Are you?

Congrats on 30 days AF!
                          September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                          X