Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT, Wednesday, 14th April 2010

Mornign ODATers.

Stunning day here in Cape Town. Got to work a bit later this morning (as opposed to being in the office at 4.45 am yesterday. ) so feeling more awake.

Big day ahead of me will only be home late but feeling strong.

Have a great AF day!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Cross Post....we were both starting the thread at the same time....

Hello,

And Welcome to Spam's craving O'clock....you know...oven's on, hubby's on the way home, news is on TV.

I have had my l-glut and have now acknowledged that I am hungry and thirsty. The hunger starts off at about 4.30 pm and doesn't stop until dinner time even if I have snacks.

I am feeling tired at the moment. The doctor warned me that the Topa can do this. It's a different tiredness from the usual. Usually, I can just go to sleep at any time of day (I think that may be described as sleepiness.) At the moment, my eyes are heavy but my body feels OK. Is that tiredness / drowsiness? With my current sleep probs, I have lost sight of what real tiredness is.

Anyway, the current state is better as I can actually funtion. When I am sleepy during the day, I can only sleep.

Katie - How are you feeling this evening?

Mama - What about you?

Talk later everyone.

Spam xx

Comment

Hi Spam and Johnny,

Johnny - great to see you back again
      Spam - I am feeling a bit better tonight.. got things into perspective.. got my son from daycare, always a joy to see him again - just concentrating on him makes me much happier..
      Day 4 for me today.. I have felt a few cravings but not given in tonight..
      Mama - how are you? I have been on that internet dating site.. I have a date lined up for this sunday - I was so tempted to suggest sat night as my ex has our son.. but no - i thought i would be waaaay too tempted to drink heaps like i used to and end up doing something i would later regret.. i think day dates are best for me, in cafe's or somewhere that does not sell AL!!! For the first time in my life i will be doing... d.d.durrrr - SOBER DATING!! :H - can't wait to tell you guys how it goes! If a guy cant like me for me sober, then there is no point at all!
      Take care everyone,
      Katie xx
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Good morning everyone

Not as nice here this morning but need to go shopping and girls finish school early so just as well.

Katie - Good luck with your date, as you say better to keep a clear head.

Johnny, Spam, Mama, Overit and everyone else big hello.

Rustop

Comment

Hey Spam.

Great minds think alike. What can I say?

Good luck with the sober dating Katie The right guy is out there waiting for you. How is your kid?!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I am drinking coffee with one eye open....glad you are feeling a little stronger Katie
            Welcome to the beginning of Topa Dopa Spamo
            I am felling stronger this morning...left the office early and came home and "turtled"....my term for crawling into bed and pulling the covers over my head" I napped for a few hours and took an anti anxiety pill and settled down.....my job is just overwhelming somedays....after being told f you by an ignoramus i just packed up and left...
            BUT...today is a new day...so off i go
            i have a doctors appt Thursday to make surf the Topa is aggravating my ever present depression

have a good day all

mama jan
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good afternoon ODATERS, the sun has got its hat on here and its glorious.

Mama so glad your feeling a little stronger today, bad days make us appreciate the good days even more.

Katie - can't wait to hear the gossip on your date, go girl!! My friends have met some lovely chaps over the internet and even when the relationship stuff did not work they have managed to stay friends. The advice they give to me is just look for friendship if love is to be found it will find you. Hope the little fella is doing well x

Johnny busy busy busy, me too!! I'm off on holiday at weekend and just like the Easter break got loads to do here before I finish Friday !!

Spam, wish I lived closer to you - you always seem to be cooking dinner when I read your posts LOL - my dinner through the week most nights consist of a micro meal after work for 1 !!!

Rusto - hope your have a great day.

Well I'm still not AF but did not have any last night and I'm feeling pretty good with myself because I went to shop for bread and milk at 6pm with the intention of getting some glossy mags and a bottle of wine also - in the shop I thought sod it I'm not having wine so I bought a tin of baked beans to go on some toast with a nice hot cup of tea for dinner - don't know where the thought come from but my taste buds just fancied it rather than pasta and wine - how cool is that I said to myself!!! So woke this morning feeling pretty damn good.

Love to you all hope to catch you later :l
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Happy Hump Day everyone!!!

Nice to see the "regulars" back on the thread. Nice to see Johnny, Panno, Mama, Rustop, Katie, and of course, Spam.

I had a "date" with a former boyfriend from high school last night. He was in town for business. Its been over 20 years since I saw this guy. Oh, he is faithfully married, so this was just a "Hi" how ya been, sort of meeting.

Seeing him brought back memories from my 20's. Oh Man, did I do some crazy drunk things with this guy! I literally destroyed his apartment on a drunk binge, and was with him for a DUI, and so on and so on. I actually asked him why he wanted to see me. He said " Yeah you were one crazy Drunk girl!!! " Little does he know its just NOW, I am beginning to not be that crazy drunk girl. Ahhhh memories...

Katie, look at sober dating as an adventure. And just think, you wont be waking up with some dude in your bed (unless you want to sober) after a drunk fest!!! Hey, sober sex might be kinda fun too????

Enjoy your day my friends!!
                I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Bedtime and Topa Time at the end of Day 3.

Panno - It's dinner time when I post as that's always craving time. I cook, post and do as many things as possible to keep my mind off the grog. Once we are having dinner, I am OK.

OverIt - I agree. Good to see all the regular ODATers back.

Not much on tomorrow. Going to the gym in the morning, waiting for an air-con engineering in the afternoon and listening to son saying "I'm Bored!" We have done so much these hols but the minute we stop he complains he's bored.

Will catch up tomorrow.

Night all

xx

Comment

Working...
                  X