X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headaches anyone??

Hey there everyone!!!

This is my first time posting anything! eeekkk :new:

I found this website 4 days ago when I was doing some soul searching!
    Since then, I have been A/F - so its been four days!!!! yay - quite an acheivement for me since i usually have a bottle of wine a nite dring the week and more in the weekends

Anyway....i just wanted to ask and see what anyone else thinks...is it normal to have headaches?? Ive had a headache every day since ive been A/F and im wondering, would this be due to the fact that im de-toxing (kind of)??....

Any ideas would be welcome
    :thanks:

Thanks
    Patience is never more important...than when you are on the verge of losing it....
    ....Try to be aware of your mood changing and your patience slipping - it could save you from doing something that you regret!
    !

:catroll: :catroll: :catroll: :catroll:

Headaches anyone??

Hi I also have had a wicked head ache since I have been AF for 6 days. But I am also new here but if we both have it it is probably from our bodys missin the AL

Comment

Headaches anyone??

Welcome Reach4 and SummerG!! You have both made a brilliant start - really! Lots of folks here find even one or two days undoable and keep having to start over and over so 4 days and 6 days each is fantastic. I honestly can say the first week is the hardest and you are both nearly there:goodjob:
      Yes headaches at the beginning is very common, as you have both guessed it is of course due to getting the poison out of our bodies, cos to people who are alcohol dependent, it is literally a shock to the system, the headaches will go soon enough - don't worry about them.
      Lots of people here take medication and stuff, I know nothing about that side of things so I will leave that advice to others who know more - they will be along, and I again just say welcome and hang around - this truly is a great place, it is my lifeline to staying sober
      Molly:welcome:
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Headaches anyone??

Make sure you are drinking enough water, sounds silly but I often forget - you are so used to drinking AL water doesn't enter your mind.

I have had a lot of Migraines when stopping but I've been a life-long on/off migraine sufferer and these are/have been accompanied/defined by the visual disturbances plus numbness.

I'm sure they'll settle but do make sure you are getting enough water, it's something I noticed myself not doing at one point.

Comment

Headaches anyone??

:welcome: reach4 and summer girl,
          I was just going to say that about the water UK, but you beat me to it.
          Quite normal the headaches, your body is adjusting to getting rid of the poison. In my early days AF I would actually forget to drink. Never had that problem when I was glugging away on wine.

Water,water,water.

Great going on your AF days, keep stringing them together. Keep reading,keep posting. You've found a fine place here.

J x
          :l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Headaches anyone??

Yes, headaches are normal. But, when I gave up coffee (way back in the 80s, briefly), I had wicked headaches then too. It's just the body getting itself right and it goes away after about a week. It doesn't seem fair, I know, that you can give up Al and still wake up feeling like you have a hangover, but once you get past a week or so it seems to go away.

Comment

Headaches anyone??

Hi there Reach4thestarz, congratulations on your 4 days without drinking, that is awesome. As stated above, certainly the headaches are normal. For me they lasted through the first week and then deminished. Battling the cravings from social and habitual cues is what you will have to prepare for now as well - you can do it. Write lots here, read lots, there are many awesome people here to help. Good luck,
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Headaches anyone??

Thanks everyone!!! :thumbs:

I have done detox programmes in the past and felt like this but even worse, so I figured that must be what it is. Thanks heaps for all your feedback and advice!
                You are right about the water...i keep forgetting that!!...isnt it weird how we always find a way to pour AL down out mouths but when it comes to being healthy, we seem to forget lol...

And I know what you are saying - dancingon!!! Its cazy how i still make up feeling like ive been drinking even when i havent!! - but im sure that will pass.

I ordered some of that L-Glut yesterday and that should arrive soon, so i am looking foward to trying that and seeing what happens!

I have only been 'lurking' (as you call it lol) around this website for 5 days now, but it is amazing!!!!!!
                All the advice and support that everyone gives each other is awesome!!! :happy:

Thanks so much :thanks:
                Patience is never more important...than when you are on the verge of losing it....
                ....Try to be aware of your mood changing and your patience slipping - it could save you from doing something that you regret!
                !

Comment

Headaches anyone??

summer & reach 4,
                  I can chime in on headaches. I had them steady for several weeks and still get them occasionally. I drink huge amounts of water....hey everything to the extreme, but they will ease up with time.
                  So good to have you here with us.
                  :welcome:

Comment

Headaches anyone??

I used to get this horrific headache on day 3 of withdrawals, so I'd say your body is detoxing. Over time, things change. They always do. This is where you are at now. I certainly would not worry about it rather take note of it.

Like the others have said, water and lots of it. I also love gummy bear vitamins and highly recommend them!

Comment

Headaches anyone??

Thanks!

Anotherday - gummy bear vitamins?? what are they? they sound very cute haha - i am in NZ and ive never heard of them?
                      !

Comment

Headaches anyone??

reach 4 the starz;838009 wrote: Thanks!

Anotherday - gummy bear vitamins?? what are they? they sound very cute haha - i am in NZ and ive never heard of them?
                        Oh, they are delicious! They are gummy bears with vitamins in them. Here is a link...

Gummy Vites Vitamins: Compare Prices, Reviews & Buy Online @ Yahoo! Shopping

Do you have gummy bears, in general, in NZ? They are like a chewy candy that is good for you! (well, the gummy bear vitamins, that is)

Comment

Headaches anyone??

yeah we have gummy bear lollies! but i havent heard of Vitamin Gummy Bears!
                          Thanks heaps - ill have a look!!...
                          Do they actually taste like lollies too???...They sound too good to be true :H
                          !

Comment

Headaches anyone??

reach 4 the starz;838018 wrote: yeah we have gummy bear lollies! but i havent heard of Vitamin Gummy Bears!
                            Thanks heaps - ill have a look!!...
                            Do they actually taste like lollies too???...They sound too good to be true :H
                            Yes! They taste just like gummy bears. I've never had a gummy bear lollie here, which doesn't mean they're not here, I've just never seen them. I have the Vitamin C and D and Calcium ones. They are so good and I could just keep on eating them, especially the Cs.

In fact, you inspired me to just eat FIVE Power C gummy vitamins. They are made by Vitafusion and are so yummy. So I just took in over 1000 mgs and it was like dessert so I don't need to eat sweets. I take the vitamins and it takes the place of candy or sweets.

Comment

Headaches anyone??

Lol Anotherday. When she says "lollies" she means candy or sweets. It's what we call them here in NZ. I've never heard of gummy bear vitamins here either, but it would be great for my kids.

As well as headaches you can get flu like symptoms. I complained on Wednesday of getting a cold. I had headache, aching neck, swollen throat glands - the works. Then yesterday I had a couple of drinks and it's all gone today. Now, I'm definitely not praising Al's healing powers, but my theory is that at about a week AF, my body's detox takes the form of a cold. Next time, instead of feeling sorry for myself I will celebrate that AL is leaving the building.

Comment

Working...
                              X