Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just introducing myself, hi!

mama bear;839405 wrote: Hi Girly...
    I had a bypass and developed AL problems as well.....I read somewhere that 40% of Gastric bypass patients develop AL problems!!!! Wish someone had told me that....
    you might be able to order antabuse here at River Pharmacy....go to the top of the page to Health Store....
    but I agree with JC that you should see a doctor...
    I am proud of you for taking this first step to sobriety...
    Don't know if you've seen my posts about eating disorders but I read that Bulimia sufferers often go on to be Alcoholics. Was true in my case and overeating is often another ED/addiction anyway. I know I used food to deal with life in general and avoid emotions or responsibility.

Comment

Girly,

I, too, am a gb patient who lost a ton of weight and gained this horrible addiction in the process.

I have been battling this for years now.

Glad you are here and I hope the antabuse route helps.

I do agree a doctor is best.

Welcome,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am taking topamax....been on for about 6 weeks now and just starting to work for me...
        I lost 80 pounds...so now I am a slender alcoholic that needs plastic surgery to trim excess flab and a frontal lobotomy to stop drinking!!!!
        Cinders.....let me extend a hand in friendship...your posts always sound so sad....
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

what is topamax?
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

girly wirly;839577 wrote: what is topamax?
            ah! just googled it!
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

check out the topamax and other medication thread here on this website....it's really helpful...also download or purchase the My Way Out book...it's kind of the bible here...just surf around...there is so much info here......
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hey guys have heard that gastric lap band can result in alcoholism.....its all about addictions and we just swap one for another........maybe therapy is the answer????
                just a thought....mind you haven't stopped drinking yet........

Comment

hey mamabear....went to my doctor this arvo and under no circs would he prescribe either topomax or banaclofen......said there are no magic bullets....wants me to go for drug and alcohol counselling...........sorry am feeling like there isn't much of a way out.........

Comment

Working...
                  X