Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

despite my mood....

ok guys,
    i'm in such a bad mood. still tired and hungover and i went shopping to asda (walmart to our american friends) did the full shop, got to the checkout to find i'd lost my debit card. came back, tore the house apart looking for it, to no avail! cancelled it and have been left feeling weepy and tired. but i'm not prepared to use it as an excuse to drink. i'll only feel like shit again tomorrow if i do. five hours to go til bedtime. i can survive that! god give me strength and a good, sober nights sleep!:upset:
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

despite my mood....

Your right, you'll only feel like crap tomorrow. I hate the emotional rollercoaster. I'm rooting for you. We can be AL free!!!

Comment

despite my mood....

Hang in there girly. It WILL get better with time. Don't be afraid to go to bed early!! Sometimes that was the best way to pass the time in the early days.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

despite my mood....

thanks everyone. 8 pm here and the cravings are starting. i choose to ignore. i am NOT drinking today. bed soon xx
        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

despite my mood....

Hi Girly - Welcome to MWO you have found a great place here!

When I quit in Jan early evenings "witching hours" between 6 and 8 were the hardest as thats when id usually pour the 1st drink. Instead I came on here at that time, read the boards, made posts and also used the chat room, stay close there is always someone here to talk too.
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

despite my mood....

you can do it girly....we are here for you....
            and if you can't do it...we are STILL here for you
            think the whole movie through......nice buzz....ahhhhhh....
            then awful hangover....lots of remorse....self hatred...etc,etc
            is it worth it????
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

despite my mood....

Hi Girly and welcome to MWO! In my drinking days, I would have been labeled "highly functioning", I held a very responsible job position and did not miss work due to drinking. I kept my life "in order". When I look back now, I see how I was a "Barely Function Alcoholic". Most days I operated in a hungover, tired and somehwhat disoriented manner. Constantly, I was loosing or misplacing things..keys, credit cards, even cash. I was forgetful and it took every ounce of energy (and caffiene) to make it through the day. Quite often, I would completely loose my train of thougth mid-sentence! For me, this was a huge catalyst for taking a serious look at my drinking problem!

No "buzz' is work going back to living that way! I love living alcohol Free!!

Best Wishes to You!
              Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

despite my mood....

The hunt for your Debit Card reminds me of when I was struggling with my drinking. Did you notice how you got a craving after the panicky/angry/upset bit?I think that's a big pointer for you. For me I really try not to get into such a state since I know it can make me want to drink. Also that drink from the night before?That will be making you panicky and irritable as you withdraw from it. One thing I found was that for the first 3-4 days it was best if I just avoided doing a great deal that could expose me to difficult situations. That meant just staying at home a bit until I felt better.

Last week I damaged my car getting it ready for my counselling session, normally I would have had a real hissy/teary "that's the last thing I need" followed by a right panic. Ok I phoned a friend and for 2 minutes was panicky but then realised the mirror was still firmly fixed albeit at the wrong angle and decided I could drive to my appointment after all. I actually then even found the whole episode amusing and laughed at how funny the whole thing looked.Took it to garage next day and fixed within 24 hours.

So an example of how you can turn an impossible situation around, stay calm and solve problems. I do remember the loosing and searching for things incidents and now I know they'll either turn up eventually or if something valuable take steps to prevent further losses. You are pretty much covered for the majority of transactions with a debit card should someone else use it.

Have a good AF day today if you haven't drunk last night then today should feel a bit better for you. Oh and take it easy remember nothing is impossible or a complete disaster.

Comment

despite my mood....

It stinks to be hungover, the anxious and depressed feelings are overwhelming. Just make it through till your hangover is gone and you will be able to handle anything more calmly. Drink lots of water, maybe with lemon, rest, listen to calming music, nourishing food; you are sick and are healing from the alcohol.

We are here for you, keep posting. Sending you strength and peace.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

despite my mood....

chillgirl;839663 wrote: Hi Girly - Welcome to MWO you have found a great place here!

When I quit in Jan early evenings "witching hours" between 6 and 8 were the hardest as thats when id usually pour the 1st drink. Instead I came on here at that time, read the boards, made posts and also used the chat room, stay close there is always someone here to talk too.
                    You know, you are so right about the "witching hours." I can often hold out till then...if I really try. Now I'll be here. :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                    X