Made it thru the Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it thru the Weekend

Just checking to let you know I made it thru the weekend - AF ! I believe it was a combination of the hypnotherapy cd, great support from all of you and my friends (they did not party much at all and my husband was great) - so I did not have much anxiety and did not desire to drink. Of course, as we all know, I know there will be much more severe triggers in the future. I hope I can make it thru them!

Also, the toolbox link is invaluable. I am now convinced that a big part of my problem is I was viewing myself as a victim in this addiction, versus looking at it like it is all positive and I should be grateful for all the situations/moments I will be stone cold sober, and loving it.

I will say that I am very close to scheduling an appt with a therapist. There are "issues" I have trapped deep down that are coming to the surface now that I don't have AL to smother them up....

Made it thru the Weekend

Congratulations Farm Girl for making it through this long weekend AF. That's quite and accomplishment!! Good luck with counseling.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

Good Morning Farm Girl!

Congratulations on your AF weekend! I recently made it through my 3rd AF weekend, and boy did I get hit with some triggers! My ex boyfriend came out of nowhere, so of course there were all the feelings to deal with, feelings that normally would have been drowned out by drinking. You mentioned that you are considering a therapist. I say wholeheartedly "do it!". I started with mine 2 weeks ago, and in that short period of time, I have learned to deal with all these emotions that come up without running for a 12 pack of beer!

Because of my sobriety over the weekend, I was finally able to see my "relationship" with my ex for what it REALLY is. After 4 years, I have finally gotten the closure I've so desperatly sought. It's funny how clear, rational thinking can make you feel so free. In the past I wold have gotten drunk and spent the weekend sending him horrible texts, or worse yet, let him come over and then really been ashamed of my actions.

I did NOT mean to take over your thread! I just wanted you to know that I would definitely recommend a counselor, it's good to have tools when the real emotions start coming to the surface, as they will.

Hang in there, and again, CONGRATULATIONS on your AF weekend...they can be tough.

:h
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

Hi Farm girl, I am glad that you made it through the weekend, and it is great that you have friends and family supporting you. Keep up the great work, and I am glad you are seing that moments and situations can be awesome while sober.
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

Congratulations!!
          That's great and your insight about the victim stance very helpful for me to hear and think about. Thanks for your inspiration.

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

Congrats Farm Girl!

You did great.. well done; that's fantastic that your friends and husband are supporting you too..

Katie xx
            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

FG

Well done and yes you will find all those things start bubbling to the surface once you get some decent AF days under your belt. I have a counsellor/psychotherapist - been seeing her since before I stopped for good and I find it helps to have someone to tell all those really daft thoughts and traits that occur. You know the stuff you'd be too embarrassed to talk about with your hubby or friends!

Keep at it.

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

Good for you, Farm Girl and for attending to all that stuff that's surfacing. I, too, have some serious crusted over wounds from long ago, but that are very present with me now. I was actually beginning to examine my life 6 weeks ago when I had just one drink to take a breather. I want to keep on getting through this dark stuff of my life and have peace and be AF.
                "Nurture strength OF Spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune."sigpic

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

:goodjob:

Doesn't that feel great! Every time you choose to be af in a situation, your brain becomes a little more used to that response.
                  I started seeing a counselor after about a year sober. It has helped me a great deal.

Keep up the good work, it is so worth it!
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

well done, don't let those past demons cause you future ones. go for it!:goodjob:
                    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

Great Job!!!

Comment

Made it thru the Weekend

Thanks to All (sorry for late response, been traveling). K9Lover - thanks for sharing and it's all about connecting, so I appreciate your input and what you are going thru.

Comment

Working...
                        X