Hello I am new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I am new

Well the reason I would like to learn how to drink moderately is (I WANT TO PROVE TO MYSELF, I AM NOT MY FATHERS DAUGHTER)
    When I was a child I promised my Mom I would not be like my dad, and then I found myself drinking daily, but never became the abusive person I called Dad. My whole family drinks, probably more that they should. No probably about it! I never drank to get drunk, but because I did it daily, I built a tolerance towards alcohol.
    I want to thank all who have welcomed me, and offered great advice. I will flounder around this site till I get to know where everyone is, and find the "Newbie Nest"
    I picked the name Litre, for a number of years ago people could not remember my real name so they came up with that, so I always remembered it, and knew I could remember. I was working in a paint store,and I am fairly short, so the litre had nothing to do with wine, but we laughted about it anyway.

Comment

Hello I am new

Hi, Litre...
      I'm 1/2 Irish, so I feel your pain, lol! My goal is to moderate, too. I went three weeks AF, and now my aim is to go AF during the week, with limited A intake on the weekends. If I can't handle that, my goal will be to abstain altogether.

This is a great place to hang out and receive advice, encouragement, support, etc. Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Comment

Hello I am new

I am new here too. This is Day 4 for me. I would never have made it through the last 3 day without this forum. Thanks all.
        "Nurture strength OF Spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune."sigpic

Comment

Hello I am new

NickNat;840692 wrote: I am new here too. This is Day 4 for me. I would never have made it through the last 3 day without this forum. Thanks all.
          Four days is amazing, NickNat! Good for you! :goodjob:

Comment

Hello I am new

From one Newbie to another, welcome NickNat and congrats on what will be now day 6 for you.

Comment

Hello I am new

... and the Canadian invasion continues...

Welcome, Litre! :H Northern Ontario here... so glad you're taking steps in the right direction. As everyone else said... life saving support and understanding here - hope to see you around!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
              X