Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Wednesday 21st April

Morning all,
    I hope no-one minds me starting the ODAT thread this early.. but I felt I needed the motivation.. back to Day 1 today; I need to be motivated to not drink at ALL this week, or weekend.. I need to prove to myself that I have improved.. I feel much happier when AF.. the last couple of weekends I have totally slipped up.. but no-more! I'm going ODAT again, and want to keep it up for as long as I can.. I am on anti-depressants so they will only work properly if I am AF!
    Hi to all that follow..
    Katie xxx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Hi K
    Do you have other goals in your life you could also focus on?
    (I'm new here but I'm going to focus on getting fit, eating healthy, reducing stress and have a motivational pictures on the walls around me to help me not think about not drinking.)

Not sure if this would help you?
    H
    Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Thanks Hazeleyes,
      I am going to focus on my son, and also keeping fit and eating well.. I am moving house soon that will take my mind off AL too.. I am just going to try and keep myself as busy as possible!
      Katie

Comment

I'll join this ODAT for today!

Comment

Ah, now that's what I like, a seamless transition from one day to the next.

Good morning all.

Well, I seem to be coming along in leaps and bounds now. Probably thanks to the Topamax - as I'm too spaced out to drink.

Seriously, I feel like I have really turned a corner.

I'm not just concentrating on AL but the whole mental and physical health picture as well. Good food, plenty of water, excercise and positive thinking.

Anyway, must get moving as it's freezing (22 degrees C) in Queensland today and I must warm up. Alternatively, I could put on long trousers and a jumper.

Everyone's welcome here. Come and share your journey and ask questions.

Back later.

xx

Comment

Hi Spam. Your crazy if you think 22 degrees is cold. That temp is perfect, just like your perfect blue skies, perfect beaches, perfect booming economy, so perfect my sister changes citizenship from Kiwi to Ozzi (how could she).

Great to hear to making progress off the AL. Keep up the good work
            Day 4 AF for me...on my way to forever
            H
            Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

hazeleyes;840340 wrote: Hi Spam. Your crazy if you think 22 degrees is cold. That temp is perfect, just like your perfect blue skies, perfect beaches, perfect booming economy, so perfect my sister changes citizenship from Kiwi to Ozzi (how could she).

Great to hear to making progress off the AL. Keep up the good work
              Day 4 AF for me...on my way to forever
              H
              LOL! Hazeleyes,

I can't believe your sister changed her citizenship when she's from NZ - that must be seen as a great sin seeing as there is such competativeness between NZ and Oz!!!
              In NZ your weather is pretty perfect too, with beautiful beaches - I know, ive been to NZ 3 times and absolutely love the place! i wouldn't mind moving over there when I retire..
              Spam - 22 degrees is seen as cold when you are accimatised like us! I feel the same.. I had my heater on the other day when it was 21 degrees indoors! lol..
              Hi Montana Mommy - love your cute little dog pic
              Katie

Comment

I agree with your sister. I am going for dual nationality and as of 29th May with be an Australian Pommy. I've been here 5 years now and have acclimatised, so whereas 22 degrees was a heatwave, it's now considered cold.

I don't miss scraping the ice and snow off the car in the mornings, though!

I saw your introductory post about only addressing the addiction and not the whole issue ie stress. Interesting point. I think we address other points by talking to each other. Also, perhaps the other issues become easier to deal with when AL is out of the picture. I have been very irrationally angry until recently but without the AL, I am so much calmer and happier and can see a way in life that didn't seem available before.

Are you trying any counselling?

Spam xx

Comment

Hey guys......can an American squeeze in here??
                  deff odat for me right now..been cheating a little here and there....topamax has helped with the craving but I still work for satan and very stressed out so HABIT of drinking is still there.....BUT...i have reduced my consumption.....geez...how long have i been saying this.....
                  anyway....3 paychecks late....was told fedex is delivering one check today..one employee went off on me yesterday....i understand but it upset me.....he came in later and apologized....
                  ok...enough about me
                  nice to meet you Hazeleyes and Montana Mommy....
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Oooh, I got through today without a nana nap! 10 - 11 am was hard and 2 pm onwards was hard but I made it. Onwards and upwards.

Hubby has just put UKTV on, so I am distracted.....Eastenders and all that.

Back tomorrow.

Mama - Shall we come and do your boss in?

Comment

absolutlely!!! but let me cash my paycheck first!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey Guys!

Just a quick check in from me. Nice to meet Hazel Eyes and Montana Mommy! Stick around, we are a pretty fun bunch!!!

Mama, it sounds like the topa is working if your cravings are down. If your just drinking a little here and there, and not getting plowed smashed falling down, then I say your doing good!

I have been drinking too, but only a tiny bit this month. Even though I have drank a little bit, I still feel like I am having good success!! Of course, I know its a slippery slope and I have to be very very very careful. I do feel like after all these years I have hit some sort of turning point. The past 2 months I have felt more in control than I have my whole life.

Mama, Phentermine is a very powerful appetite suppressant. You can only get it through your doctor. Its a amphetamine and raises your seratonin levels making you not hungry.

Pretty amazing stuff, it really does work. I am still getting very HIGH on it, but I like that I am not eating like a pig all the time.

Have a blessed day!!! See ya all a bit later on.

Overit
                        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi All...
                          I don't usually post here but was just wondering if anyone knows how Twitch is. She hasn't posted since the 8th of April. Was just thinking about her and that I hadn't seen her in a while. Anyone PM her or e-mail?
                          Stirly
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi All,

Stirly - not sure. I have been away until just recently. I have never been in chat. Hope Twitch comes back soon. I shall look for posts. Maybe away?

Well today was suppose to be AF 5 but I drank last night. Sh%!. Argghhhhhh. I had the best intentions - but haven't we heard that one before. Feel kind of gross this morning but must shake it off and suck it up.

I have a very busy (physically busy) next 4 days so I really believe I will be AF until Sunday night where it could get tricky (Monday is a day off and all - and I know AL Beast will be pumping the whole "reward system" grrrrrr).
                            Ordered the CD's and the Kudzu will get rest of supps from health food store. The more I read up on topo and the side effects I think I will try the program without that element.

So sick and tired of repeating this brutal AL cycle.

Good luck to everyone on an AF day.
                            Meech

Comment

Oops,

Welcome Hazeleyes and Montana Mommy.

Comment

Working...
                              X