Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch

Hey,
    most of you oldies here know me, but I have a question.
    I had weird day today. I went to work, didn't have much of anything to do,
    had a beer (or two, as apposed to what people are telling me), anyway,
    I don't remember having too much. But then that's the problem, I don't remember shit!
    I blacked out from nothing! I'm about to loose the woman I love and everything I've been working for. I feel like I got a lil angle bangin on the back of my head saying
    "see?! I told ya so... I told ya! ya dumb FUCK!!!!!!"
    Mike...

Ouch

How do I tell her it's not what I want, it's just THERE!!!
    I can't lose her.. again!!! not for this!
    Mike...

Comment

Ouch

Hi Mike. Your story isn't the first one like that I've heard. The "how could that possibly happen" one. I haven't got an answer but apparently it happens. You don't say if you're modding or AF. I guess all I can say is you might better BE AF and remember that actions speak louder than words. Hope you sort things out.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Ouch

and what if I say that I drink to be me, I'm me cause I drink,
        and the only way I can quit drinking is to change as a human being,
        but I don't want to!
        I can't deal with people, I rather be drunk or dead than to deal with people!!!!
        bunch of fuckers people are!
        excuse my french, you know I love ya!
        Mike...

Comment

Ouch

Well then looks like you'll loose the woman you love.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Ouch

ditto Greeneyes.....
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Ouch

Hi Mike

Is AL really worth the woman you love? I have read somewhere on here something about learning to love the sober you. I am sure sober Mike is a much happier guy to be around.

Have you thought of showing her this site? Maybe she could learn from here and find ways to distract you from AL.

Good Luck and don't let AL ruin/run your life it really is not worth it.

Q
              Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Ouch

it seems like we're all looking for someone to make us take our own advice!
                Mike...

Comment

Ouch

mike

hi. you aren't mike because you drink, and you don't drink because you're mike.

you drink because you have the disease alcoholism.

somewhere along the line your disease took over and stopped you being the sober you, the real you!! i'm sure a length of sobriety time would make you see a clearer, nicer picture of not only yourself but those around you. is a bottle really worth swapping your relationship for?

much love, take care of yourself honey.:h
                  The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Ouch

Mike R.;840737 wrote: and what if I say that I drink to be me, I'm me cause I drink,
                    and the only way I can quit drinking is to change as a human being,
                    but I don't want to!
                    I can't deal with people, I rather be drunk or dead than to deal with people!!!!
                    bunch of fuckers people are!
                    excuse my french, you know I love ya!
                    Know one is their self... when they drink...

runningwind
                    The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Ouch

runningwind;840776 wrote: Know one is their self... when they drink...

runningwind
                      I agree with runningwind.

Comment

Ouch

Mike,
                        It sounds like you made the choice then.

Comment

Ouch

Hi Mike
                          Great comments and thanks for sharing.

Sometimes I find when I don't like people(not your girl) its because I am struggling inside myself. Its not really about them. Maybe you should stop beating yourself up and make a list of the things you like about yourself, what would someone who loves you say about you. Focus on the positive and the positive will grow inside you. When the negative thoughts come, shake your head and say "no I'm not going to think that" Re-focus on the positive things about you and your life.

AL tells us some crazy lies thats why its a trap we need to get out of.
                          Hope this helps
                          H
                          Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Ouch

MIKE, I CAN RELATE AT TIMES, BUT KEEP FIGHTING DONT LET THE BOOZE WIN!!

Comment

Ouch

MIKE, HANG IN THERE,KEEP FIGHTING DONT LET THE BOTTLE WIN!!

Comment

Working...
                              X