Day 3!! Wooppie!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

I am very happy! Today is day 3 and things are improving. I'm really happy, but feel like when is the other shoe gonna drop? I'm not trying to count my chickens before they hatch and wont be assured until the jammies are on and Im tucked into bed tonight, but I have a good feeling about today. I'm sick of it. How can beer tell me what to do. All it is a suggestion I re-play in my mind over and over. I will not cave. I'm glad I have my want to quit back. For the last 5 months I was done quitting, but I am so ready and willing now. Have a great day to all of you. Much love to you guys and gals!!!

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

Montana Mommy;840778 wrote: I am very happy! Today is day 3 and things are improving. I'm really happy, but feel like when is the other shoe gonna drop? I'm not trying to count my chickens before they hatch and wont be assured until the jammies are on and Im tucked into bed tonight, but I have a good feeling about today. I'm sick of it. How can beer tell me what to do. All it is a suggestion I re-play in my mind over and over. I will not cave. I'm glad I have my want to quit back. For the last 5 months I was done quitting, but I am so ready and willing now. Have a great day to all of you. Much love to you guys and gals!!!
    YAY! Good job! Now batten down your hatches for tonight -- buy yourself something yummy non-al to drink and have a good book handy. Have a nice long bubble bath and read - and think of how proud you will be of yourself when you wake up tomorrow morning knowing YOU HAVE WON!
    Coco

Comment

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

Great job MM! One day at a time.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

Keep yourself busy, MM...I congratulate myself when another day is through and I can crawl between those sheets sober, once again. It always feels like a victory. You're doing great!

Comment

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

It may appear boring to some people who don't have the AL problem but going to bed sober, then getting up sober is the best feeling in the workd. Nothing can beat it!

Comment

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

MM.....way to go ! (When I saw Woopie in that sentence.......being one from the old "Laugh-In " TV crowd........well you know ! ha!) Congrats MM ! IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

Congratulations Montana. Great job, proud of you.
              On day 5 AF today for me. I'm thinking its the 30 min walks, vitamins, and reading how much pain AL causes others (and myself of course) that has got me to day 5. This site has opened my eyes to how many people are hurting from AL.

We just had a 60 Minute Doco on last night about how lobby groups like nurses and doctors are going to go after the liquor companies, like they did the tobacco companies, for basically peddling a drug. You should see the streets at night in our main towns from Thurs to Sunday nights - full of young people completely plastered.

So sad, I think I need to help, but I better get myself sorted first.
              H
              Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

MONTANA MOM,GREAT JOB KEEP IT UP!!

Comment

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

Hi MM!
                  Congratulations on making it this a far into your AF journey! Why not go ahead and put those jammies on right now? You'll be one step closer to your goal for today, not to mention you'll be a heck of a lot more comfortable

Keep up the positive attitude, I know you're going to do this!
                  :h
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

Montana Mom - Congrats on Day 3!!! Lately the first thing that runs thru my mind is "God I am so glad I am not hung over this morning" or "I can take this call and remember everything I say" or "I can get on FB or email and remember exactly what I did, said and wrote." Stay strong and think of all the positive (sober) moments that you can look forward to!

Comment

Day 3!! Wooppie!!

Oh yeah! Keep giving me the courage and support.

I'm on my third day, but I am weaning. Still, I'm not "really" drinking. Just enough to make the symptoms go away and not get hooked on benzos.

Went most of the day without AL. Just a bottle of beer tonight to keep me from the heebie jeebies. Now getting ready for bed.

Ohhh, how I pine for a good 8 straight hour sleep again. AL never gave me that.

Comment

Working...
                      X