MENTALLY, GETTING CLEARER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITS BEEN 11 DAYS AF, FEELING GOOD AND STAYING BUSY. MENTALLY , I FIND MYSELF HANDLING THINGS BETTER, MORE PATIENCE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NONE. THIS IS NORMALLY MY DRINK TIME,I INSTEAD LOOK FORWARD TO CHECKING IN WITH MWO. HILLSIDE THANKX FOR THE SUPPORT, SEEMS WE ARE ON THE SAME PATH,JUST WANT TO KEEP IT GOING! GOOD WISHES TO ALL ON OUR JOURNEY!!! AF LIFE IS GOOD!!

Congratulations Buddy!
    Way to go on 11 days...that is so awesome! How have you been staying busy in the evenings, when "drink time" rolls around? I agree that coming on here and reading and posting is a great way to get through the cravings.
    Again, well done...keep up the good work!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

That's great Buddy - staying busy in the evenings is sooo important because that seems to be the witching hour for a lot of us! Wishing you more AF nights to come!

Comment

Congratulations. I'm really looking forward to feeling that "clarity" of thinking again. It's a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Right now, I'm still in the early stages of withdrawing. It's been three days in the process. I still keep getting a rush of anxiety every so often, the perspiration. It's hard to admit how dependent my body has become. Did a short workout to alleviate the stress, but it worked only for a short time.

Still in the weaning stages...a few ounces of beer now and at about about 9:00 pm to keep myself from taking that second benzo but expect to be AF by the weekend. Friday is my target day.

Evening is a hard time for me, too. I really thought it was earlier, but I'm beginning to realize my bad time is a bit later. My daughter goes to sleep. I've been reading to keep myself occupied.

As part of my plan, I've been writing all kinds of positive affirmations in a journal. Off to watch Twin Peaks because I never watched the whole thing.

Comment

That was always my trigger time to drink too....finding that MWO is a real lifeline through that time as well. Good luck.
          AF since April 19, 2010
          NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
          -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Great work Buddy. I know exactly what you mean. My brain seems to be functioning a lot better. I work out in the evening now instead of drinking.
            Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
            No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

TRULY KEEPING OCCUPIED DURING THE OLD DRINKING TIMES IS A MUST!! PLAYING WITH MY DOGS "ALL SEVEN" IS THERAPY FOR ME. WALKING, YARD WORK,SOME EXERCISE, STAYING IN TOUCH WITH MWO " THAT REALLY HELPS"',EVERYONE WITH THEIR ENCOURAGEMENT AND EXPERIENCES KEEP ME GOING. LETS ALL KEEP IT UP!!

Comment

Hey Buddy, congrats on the 11 days, and you are welcome. It is great to see you are finding ways to fend off the triggers and urges. Seven dogs should keep you pretty darn busy indeed. Keep adding those days up and creating your new habits. You are right, being sober is good.
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Well done. Yes you will see such changes - have people around you noticed?Comes as a real booster when folks close to see the changes and comment on them.

Comment

Congrats on Day 11 Buddy Black! It only gets better. On day 15 here!
                    September 23, 2011

Comment

Keep going Buddy!

I've also been keeping myself very busy which has helped a lot. Just keep doing it!!
                      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
                      X