Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Thursday 22nd April 2010

Hi all,

Today has been going great for me so far.. Me and my son had a fantastic time at the Church Playgroup this morning; everyone was so friendly and welcoming - I got to chat with several other mum's, a few nurses like me, one was a solicitor too! - I got to cuddle her newborn baby who was adorable..
    My son had a great time playing with the train set they had there for over 2 hours! They also had a huge sandpit outside and a giant Thomas..
    Day 2 AF for me today.. I plan on not drinking at all for a long time, especially as my ex is "on fire" (wish he was for real.. :H) with his verbal insults so I know I have to be very careful with not giving him any excuses to have a go at me..
    Hi to all that follow..
    Katie xx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

KatieB, I am so happy to hear you are attending a church play group. Good for you to go to a place were motherhood and children are loved and respected.

You are making so many good choices and growing in a beautiful way. Your desire to remain AF will continue to bring good experiences into your life and you will be able to remember and enjoy them. AF = dignity, respect, integrity. Things we cannot buy and no one can give to us. It is a gift to ourselves. Have a great day.:h
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Hi All,

Not much to say today - I'm very tired. I think I shall get an early night so I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow.

Catch up tomorrow.

Spam xx

Comment

Thanks stargazer.. It was definately a great decision.. everyone was so nice there.. I wish I had tried it before! I feel part of a community there, though I've only been once.. but being part of a community is so important, esp. when like me you have no family..
        Spam - sorry to hear you are so tired.. i am too but have to work! i wondered where you were, so glad you checked in..
        Nite all, back tomorrow
        Katie xx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Morning family...quick check in as I have been gooofing around in Newbie's nest all morning....
          wish me luck on my interview today....sweet dreams all and Katie, I hope F*cktard leaves you alone....
          hi Spammy
          nice post Stargazer....
          AF= dignity,respect,integrity.....I like that!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey guyz.

Also popping head in here again. Still on track, still very busy. Seems that my life has gone from 0-100 in terms of business over the last couple of weeks. Seems to keep me out of mischief.

Got my next 3 weekends filled up already and the one following on standby. Loving life atm. Have had less moments of temptation and feeling strong.

My main thing now in the morning for me is an hour of bible study before work. It really sets me up for the day. Even if not christian, I think getting up early and spending some alone time reflecting on life etc. can only be helpfull.

Luv, Johnny
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Glad to hear you are feeling strong Johnny
              say some prayers for me!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
              X