Waking up without dread day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this morning is the first morning I've woke up without dread for years, maybe decades. Whether hungover or not, with alcohol in my life the shame brought dread with every new day. Still sweating this morning, does anyone have advise how long til that stops?
    Partner asked to get together for drinks yesterday....made me realize that was the only activity he could suggest cause it's the only activity we've done consistently for 4 years. Because I had been out for dinner with daughter I said I was too tired and having an early night.
    Stayed home alone, watched movies and felt great, (not lonely) as in past. :thanks:MWO group.
    Probably have 3 weeks before I start my work again so this is why also trying to get AF now, while less stress in my life.
    Plan today, take dog somewhere special where she can get a good run in.
    Have heard day 4 is hard so going to try to keep very busy
    AF since April 19, 2010
    NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
    -Lady Nancy Astor

I know that dread/panic upon waking, too. The worst was the early morning awakenings...when I'd lie there, tossing and turning, my mind racing with all of the thoughts of what I did or should have done, what was, etc. So a big hurrah! for your brain. It likes you.

You know, the final straw with my partner was when, after I'd stopped drinking for those 30 days and I was in that Foggy Bottom place where all of my feelings and thoughts started being clear but I still had a lot of work to do, he started showing up at my place with alcohol. Get ready for some more changes, my friend. Among other things, my partner "liked" the drinking me--or thought that I should be able to handle being a "regular" or whatever drinker. Not that the same will happen to you by any means. What I mean to say is that, eventually, you'll have to question what AL means to your relationship.

Isn't it great to be alone and feel good about it? I am thankful everyday for my daughter because she's such good company.

When I did my 30 AF days in the fall, by about the second or third week I started to sleep soundly for about 7 hours straight and that was when the night sweats that would wake me up stopped, too. Of course, I had been drinking quite heavily previously. The daytime sweating stopped or became very brief by the end of the first week.

Ugh, I'm in the sweating stage now again. My hands, feet, chest, and face/head are the areas. I noticed yesterday that I felt a bit itchy, too.

Keep it up. I'll be day 4 *totally* AL free by next Monday.

Comment

Daybyday: Ride out this rough wave of sweats. I also sweated out alcohol for the first 3 to 4 days of my sobriety. I'm now on Day 15. I am having restful nights sleep. I have been having "drunk dreams". When I wake up and realize that I'm not hungover, that I actually dreamed that I drank the night before, I am so grateful. Similiar to you, I am relieved not to have to wake up and deal with a hang over and regret. Keep it up the good work. Keep yourself busy. Try to change your habits and try to do something fun for yourself. Right now I'm running around my house like a mad women cleaning! My cravings come and go. I am trying not to succumb to A because I want to wake up tomorrow morning happy and hopeful.
      September 23, 2011

Comment

DAY BY DAY,I DONT HAVE ANY ANSWERS ON THE SWEATS BUT JUST WANTED TO SAY HANG IN THERE, IT GETS ALOT BETTER, THE SLEEP, THE DREAMS, IM AT 12 DAYS, I AM FEELING SO GOOD AND HOPEFUL. STAY FOCUSED YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY

Comment

Day by Day...

How are you doing? The stumbling block for most of us was at day 3 or 4. If you are ready to change try to get to the week mark. For me, personally, once I hit the week mark, thats when I got my 30 days. Everyone is different, but I hope that this is your time to do this!

This is a good place! The people on here really do care about your success! I do!!

You can do this! Think about it as breaking a habit. It takes practice to break any habit doesnt it?

Wishing you the best...

Overit
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Well done daybyday,

Sounds like you are being so strong, and coping well with the cravings.. it does feel great AF doesn't it? So much more clear-headed.. and less anxiety and guilt - you feel more in control of your life.. congrats on turning down your partner's suggestion for drinks.. it must have felt so empowering.. watching movies and reading are such simple things in life, but provide a nice pleasure and much better alternative to drinking.. you will start to feel much healthier too physically in the days and weeks to come.. the shakes and sweating should stop soon..
            Well done again.. we are very proud of you!
            Katie xxx
            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Yes I find watching iplayer helps me keep safe - it takes no effort at all either. The sweats I find stop after around 5-7 days certainly by day 10 so not far now.

Good work!

Comment

Hang in there day three and four are what get me too but if all of you can do it i know i can too!!

Comment

Thank you all so much

Today, day 4 was a real rough one. Craved all day long so got out of town and hiked beach all day with dog. Partner phoned at lunch demanding to know what was going on. Met up with him around 5pm (cravings and shakes hitting worse) Had a blow out, agreed it was over. Tried to explain I was in day 4 of quitting drinking and instead of sympathetic understanding, was once again told I'm crazy....Standard response I've also gotten when tried to quit before.
                  Told him I couldn't do this and left.
                  Took an Adavan which I never take to try to stop the anxiety and racing thoughts....
                  Went to my sis's place and hung out for 4 hours. Her hubby is just over one year AA sober so a good, understanding place to go.
                  They offered options for me to move onto their acreage by myself so I will be looking into this.
                  I have to come first above everything else or my AL will kill me if I don't continue on this new path.
                  Going to bed AF for the 4th night. Thank you again all. :thanks:
                  AF since April 19, 2010
                  NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                  -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

No worries daybyday!
                    You are doing all the hard work yourself.. we are just here to support you.. well done on being brave and facing up to your, now ex partner.. these ppl do not need to be in our lives when we are reaching for sobriety! It's good you have your sister for support too - and the fact her hubby goes to AA is great - so you have a lot of understanding there.. good luck with your move if you decide to do that and congrats on 4 days, that's fantastic!
                    Katie xx
                    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

well done daybyday. you need to focus on YOU right now and do whatever it takes to reclaim your life. your head seems to be in a strong focused place. youve got this far, keep going, it really is worth it
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                      X