i made it to day 5! thanks to you lot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi to all and thanks for all of the support and commaderie. I'm beginning Day #5 - relying on the Kudzu - the supplements are at the Post Office, so I'll pick them up and give it a try. My congratulations to each and every one. I agree that without the support I find here - just reading other's struggles - I would not have made it to day #5 AF. You're gonna make it too, girly wirly - you're gonna kick ass this weekend!!!
    I'm staying in the present moment, if I sway to the past or look at the future (with fear) I'm trying to regroup and feel proud of my Self right now. Try it - I hope it helps both of us.
    Good luck over the weekend.

Comment

Good stuff Lelasophia,
      I agree, do not think about forever, you will just end up being stressed about never drinking again which is very scary. set a short term goal, dont think about the long term. That will sort itself out as you achieve your goals.

Comment

Good for you, girly! These clear-headed mornings make it worth it, don't they? When things get hairy in the evenings, just remember the mornings, and which sort of morning you'd prefer. At any rate, be proud of yourself! :goodjob:

Comment

Kickin' and a-gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer

OK so last night I had a knock-down-drag-out fight with myself while watching a movie with my family:

Hubs all kicked back, having a nice glass of red - I kept looking over at it. (Pavlov is back)

At one point I got up and took a bottle of chard off the wine rack and deftly inserted it into the fridge. The rest of the night I kept one eye on the movie and one alternated between the cold beer in the fridge and the chard slowly chilling there... Instant gratification? Procrastinate a bit and have cold wine?

Or be good. Back and forth, back and forth -- to get through it I found myself mentally returning to the Nest and remembering some of the posts I had read during the day - and successfully completed Day 4, just.

So here I am - a little self-bruised and self-battered - but uncompromised!

Point being - this is a fabulous place when one needs fortification! I hope everyone will give this mental tactic a go as we launch into the weekend's challenges.
          Coco

Comment

coco...reminds me of the beer hokey pokey you described once.....it SUCKS.....
            and by the way......I am proud of you....
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

well done coco x

that took some self restrain! fantastic!!!
              The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Rightio girly wirly,

9 months and 16 days ago I was thinking exactly the same thing as you. I can't make it through day 5. I can't face a Friday night without a drink. I can't face a weekend with out alcohol.

Like we said yesterday. Can you face yet another Saturday morning ashamed, hungover, mouth like sandpaper.

So tomorrow when I'll be 9 months and 17 daysAF. I'm going to be waking up early to a new day full of sunshine inside and out.

Make yourself proud, if I can do it so can you.

J x
                :l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good Job Coco!
                  Proud of you!
                  Hang in there...it DOES get easier...

xoxo
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                  X