Dangerous Free Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dangerous Free Time

(I posted this on my blog this morning, but I wanted to share it here also, hope everybody's gonna have a great AF day)

ahh, the whole day lays out before me. It?s my off friday. I work a 9/80 schedule where I work 4 9′s and an 8 one week, then 4 9′s the next, then every other friday is off. It?s niiiiiiice.

just got the wife and kids out the door to work and school, then I have to take the dog to the groomer?s here in a bit, then any number of activities for the day greet me. I could drink, and do them?.

but meh. I don?t have to. The craving isn?t really there anymore. There?s still a distant friend type of ?hey haven?t seen you in awhile why don?t you come over? thing kind of going on, but I could take it or leave it.

thoughts of stopping by the store and having enough for a wicked buzz during the day that will be gone by the time my wife comes home pervade, but what?s the point? I can feel good without it. I don?t have to have it. It?s really kind of childish and stupid to continue to want to be that way when I?m old enough to know better. (still young enough not to care? or just still stupid enough?)

meh, let?s take the dog to the groomers, then have breakfast out, or in, doesn?t matter, then we?ll have a nice sober day.
    Sobriety Is Wasted On The Sober

Dangerous Free Time

Good choice Roamer.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

Sounds like the makings for a pretty good day, Roamer...

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

aaaand I'm having to continually remind myself of this as the day goes on. I've already talked myself into having a few beers with lunch, then I reread this.

need to get my head on straight.

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

Your post inspired me to stay sober this day too! Hang in there.
          AF since April 19, 2010
          NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
          -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

Wish I had your willpower...for me Friday means I can drink w/out guilt. Jealous of you.

One day I will be that strong...one day!:goodjob:

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

Hi Roamer!
              Good decision. I'll join you in staying AF today!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

I've had a similar debate with myself this morning - and I'm with you.
                Happy AF Friday
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

Again, you are not alone Roamer, I am also going to be AF, it is my 38th day, but who is counting. I do not have any withdrawals, but it seems the old habit or as you said old friend wants to know why I have not been around lately. I just let the glass of wine know I am unavailable . Good decision to all

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

Emcee;841931 wrote: Wish I had your willpower...for me Friday means I can drink w/out guilt. Jealous of you.

One day I will be that strong...one day!:goodjob:
                    Hi Emcee, I haven't seen you on the site before... Keep posting and asking questions... you will get there!

runningwind
                    The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

Im w you this is my second day but im excited to
                      be spending it with my new sober friends (you guys!) i'll pass on AL today.

Comment

Dangerous Free Time

you guys rock

Comment

Working...
                        X