Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Thread, Sat, Sun, 24th/25th April 2010

Morning Odaters.

Made it through another hectic week! Next week is a public holiday here on Tuesday so a slighly shortish week.

Reflections on the week: When I don't have a lot of money it's easier for me to save than when I have a lot :-) I had a good two weeks to go untill pay day and had to stretch very little money very far. Guess what? I got paid a week early for a change with money to spare. Just a pity that throws me back ino the same cycle as i'll probably be paid at the end of the month next month hence making this month longer :-) Ag, what the hck. I'll treat myself over the weekend anyways.

Days are getting much shorter here now. Winter stands on our doorsteps. I'll struggle to get up in the mornings during the week, yet i'm in front of my computer 5am. (Been awake for an hour. can't sleep). Odd. That's life I guess. During the week I wish I could sleep in but can't because I got to work. Comes the weekend i'm up in the wee hours.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and stay on track. Very busy again this weekend. Friends over for BBQ this afternoon (Braai for us South AFricans), monthly shopping this morning, and tomorrow at church.

See ya.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Johnny you are doing so well!

I'm afraid i shouldn't be on here as I had a drink today.. I got total anxiety at the shops this morning - i picked up a toy for my son's b'day which is in 2 weeks, it had a reduced sticker on.. i took it to the check-out, only for it to scan full-price.. the lady at the checkout was glaring at me like I had stuck the reduced sticker on myself! she was really rude.. even though the shop gave me the discount, but a whole queue of ppl were looking at me.. i went and bought a bottle of wine after that and had some at home.. i dont have my son til monday as i have to work on the pub.holiday.. i obviously still have a way to go with dealing with anxiety..
    Katie
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Hey Katie,

You are very hard on yourself. Glad you made it here. You are going through some serious stuff in your life with your son, ex, etc. I think it's natural to stumble. Just make sure you get right back up again!! And coming straight here is fantastic. My biggest problem last year when I took a tumble was, the minute I had my first drink I started avoiding this place like hell. Denial sat in pretty quickly. etc.

Just keep going Katie. You are growing as a person through everything you're experiencing at the moment. And allthough it's a hardship right now, when you come out on the other side I have no doubt you will be twice as strong a woman. It's the easy times we enjoy but it's the really tough times through which we grow. Just keep fighting.

I can't believe how rude some people can be at shops, etc. (referring to the lady at the checkout.). You're a paying customer. The least thing one would expect is a bit of respect.

Don't worry about ppl. I can imagine you felt uncomfortable. I would have too. I hate situations like that. Next time cause a real scene. That'll keep your mind distracted :-) (and after all the lady would have deserved it)

Lots of luv from Johnny here.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Thanks Johnny,

You are so inspiring.. i cannot deal with the tiniest bit of stress.. i am 'hypersensitive' to life, and people.. i just dont know how i can get through it without a cruch! but cigs and Al make me depressed eventually.. i wish i was a stronger person.. but my ex puts me through so much again and again.. the cycle is constant.. he has been contacting me for the whole past 6 hours he's had our son.. he nearly drives me insane! i have turned my phone off now.. i really cannot deal with anymore..
        Katie
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Look. I'ts a very difficult situation. I can't imagine what it must be like when you've made a decision you need to move on with your life but you can't because you are parents to the same child.
          All I can tell you is that allthough what i'm faced with is not half the mountain you have to climb, now nearly 8 weeks into my sobrietry the climbing is getting a lot easier.
          My realationship with God has gotten a lot stronger as well as I'm not in constant blue haze.
          I seem to be able to deal with things that cause me a lot of stress with a lot more serenity.
          Can't you take your son on a weekend trip next weekend or thereafter? Just get a way from it all, switch of your phone and try and relax for a change? It's not going to make the problem dissappear but it'll at least give you some breathing space?

Luv, Johnny
          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

hello odat family......
            katie, I am sorry you are having such a bad time and you are WAY to hard on yourself......
            alcohol is making everything worse for you baby....I know I sound like a hypocrite, but I am so worried about you. You are alone, and I am not......
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Mama, Johnny, Katie...

Yes, I hope Katie is doing ok too. We all know what its like to fall off the wagon and go down hard. This addiction sucks ass, I hate it.

I have a girlfriend who is also an alcoholic. A real bad one, but shes one of those ones who just doesnt seem to care. She drinks ALOT, every day. She just doesnt seem to want any help.

Anyways, everytime I go see her, we drink together. In fact, there has NEVER been a time I have not seen her, and not drank. Well against my better judgement I went over to her place, and drank. Not a ton, but enough to make me feel disappointed in myself.

Total days for me drinking this week, 3. Thats 3 more than I want.

Well on a lighter note! Tomorrow is Monday. Are we all ready to get our Butts in Gear???
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

YES....Deff.....sounds like you need to stay away from her for awhile
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Right on Mama!

Last night was the first time I have saw her in a very long time. Yes, I have to proceed with caution with this friend. I care about her, but she is very dangerous for me to be around.

You know, we all have problems.. but when you have the problems we do, and just dont care at all, Well, that is way worse I believe. You would never find my friend on MWO, she refuses to change, and I truly have tried to help.
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X