Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where to start!

Hi Heather

How's it going? Sounds like you've it pretty much got it under control. Do you manage to sleep ok when you've not had a drink? I find that if i don't drink that i can't sleep which is scary.

Comment

Not sure where to start!

Hi Gilly

Really know where your comming from, i work quite hard & have quite a demanding job which i enjoy. The problem starts when i get home, i live with my 16 year old daughter with whom i have a really good relationship with. Like you i don't want to go to AA, don't want to stop completly, just want to be in control.

Comment

Not sure where to start!

Hi,

I've just started today.I'm from N Ireland ---us irish and our drinking!!!!Any excuse!
        Anyway i can get thru countless amounts of red wine.I love the stuff!This is gonna be a long road pet but it's the same distance for us all (just about 250,000 miles:H )

Hugs, Annie x

Comment

Not sure where to start!

hi uk drinkers

hi,

i'm from the the north of england and reading these posts was like reading my own story!
          I worry about the tablets as i think most people who like a lot of alcohol have a bit of an obsessive, compulsive nature and i think i'd probably get addicted to the tablets also. we tend to be the ones who smoke etc so i'm not sure i want to transfer my dependence from alcohol to medication and the side effects look pretty scarey too.

like most others i love red wine and often find that my days are hazy and i'm irritable and tired because i drink way too much of it. Would like to enjoy my life a bit better and i've been reading the posts here for about two weeks now, still not stopped but feel like i'm getting there. my dad is an alcoholic and it's reassuring to me that there's intelligent, caring, responsible people who have a problem with the demon drink, i guess it's made me feel less stigmatised and a bit more like other people.

i'd like to just drink occasionally not walk in from work and it's the first thing i do......i'm sure we'll get there eventually!!

Comment

Working...
          X