PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on my "quit smoking" site this morning, lamenting about how I'm Still feeling craves/wants? after FOUR months...

And someone directed me to google PAWS. I did and ran across this article:

Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) — Why we don’t get better immediately) ? Digital Dharma

Seemed to be full of good information about addiction, in general, but about how there's a period - usu. between 3-6 mos. - where we seem to backslide (at least in our minds!). This shows it's a normal part of the process, no matter what the drug...
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Hi All
    I think this is a very important topic that should be read by all. It was brought to my attention at the beginning of my recovery and really helped me to know what to expect during recovery.Yes I did experience some of the symptoms at different times and it wasn't a surprise. Armed with the information that it would be happening enabled me to deal with it. We think when we get to 30 days 60 90 six months we are out of the woods not true. Their will be some very hard days again but it comes and then is gone. Not like the battle in the beginning.
    We know as alcoholics we can't have a drink again but at certain times like the research says their are stronger attacks on our sobriety. Information is one of our biggest weapons in our battle with al.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Comment

Hey Savon, my friend!

Thanks for this post, very good read! I bookmarked it, so I can read it again.

Hope you are doing ok, and would really love to get together soon...
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X