Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to try...again

Hi All,

I'm new here. Just found this website and downloaded "My Way Out". I have been struggling to quit, then just to cut down. I am having physical and mental health problems, related to abusing alcohol, so it would make sense to totally quit. I just have not been successful.

I'm going to read today, and hope to find the courage to try and learn how to not be so dependent on alcohol.

Annie

Going to try...again

hi annie, welcome to mwo this is a great place with lots of support and advice,read as many posts as you can and also there is a thread for newbies which is great and will help you know end,hope to see you around,give yourself a chance, :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Going to try...again

welcome Annie
      you have come to the right place......we are all here for you
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Going to try...again

:welcome: annie,

Just adding my hellos,

Have a click in the link below to start you with getting a plan of action together.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Keep reading,keep posting. You're in a safe place now.

J x
        :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Going to try...again

Annie :welcome: We are so glad you found us. We are all here to help you get and stay sober with lots of love and encouragement! I tried for years to stop drinking and was unable to, then I found this site and I made so many friends here and was able to stop drinking. The most important thing is to take one day at a time and try not to drink this one day. Soon you will have sober day behind you and it will get easier and easier for you to live without alcohol. :ranger Stay on the site and read and post everything you are going through. Come visit the newbies nest. It's a great place to start! Also, read the post by Ruby Willow called "Start here" and the post "You can do this". Best of luck to you! Vicki :heartsnflowers:
          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Going to try...again

ANNIE , GLAD YOUR HERE,YOUR NOT ALONE IN THE BATTLE. PUT YOUR FEET UP AND STAY AWHILE!

Comment

Going to try...again

Hi Annie, this is a good place to start your journey. Stay close and keep reading.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
              AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Going to try...again

Hi Annie,

Welcome to this wonderful place that is so full of support!
                Make yourself a good plan, make your commitment then go for it.

I'm so glad I did
                You can do it too.

Wishing you the best on your journey.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Going to try...again

Hi Annie

Welcome. The book is a good read. I also find just sitting here and reading posts is also great. Lots of good advice and people who understand.

Good Luck

QQ
                  Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Going to try...again

Hi Annie and welcome. I can sure relate to your struggles. I went on for years waking up every morning with a hangover and saying "I won't drink today." Only to drink yet again. Every day. Day after day.

The best decision I ever made was to FINALLY give up any notions that I could ever drink moderately. It never happened before. It's never going to happen. I'm never going to delude myself and try it again.

Getting free was not easy. But it was a lot easier once I accepted that I cannot drink safely, ever. I can drink if I want - just never safely.

Strength and hope to you!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Going to try...again

welcome annie

i'm a newbie too, i struggle and i only stumbled on mwo 7 days ago. sine then i've had four alcohol free days in seven, which for me is a miracle in itself!

stick around looking forward to sharing my journey with you xx

gw xx
                      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Going to try...again

welcome annie.. glad you have found us. read, read and read a bit more. you will find lots of information and advice to help you along the way. we are all here for the same reason
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Going to try...again

Welcome Annie, you've come to a great group of people here for support. I only joined a week ago and it's been a huge help. I think if you read a lot of threads and join in as much as you can you will find some peace.
                          AF since April 19, 2010
                          NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                          -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Working...
                          X