this weeks plan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this weeks plan.

ok friday: copious amounts of lager and wine, didnt make it to bed, blacked out, apparently smashed a glass.

saturday: copious amounts of lager and wine. blacked out again.

sunday: four bottles of beer. went to bed sober, had no sleep. felt like shit for work.

monday: i plan to have none.
    tues. af
    wed af
    thurs af

friday, danger zone, going to a food and drinks festival in the caravan with family and friends. i want to go, i'm looking forawrd to it. however the caravan is full of alcohol. i'm going to just try and take it easy.

when i get back on monday i'm going for it. sobriety. i have antabuse on order from usa to help me along. dunno whan it's gonna get here, hope its not too long given the volcanic ash situation. some effort after the disasterous weekend.

you all posted kind words to try and get me to abstain this weekend. thankyou. i am so grateful. at the time it was falling on deaf ears, but now i have a clear head and a plan the posts are giving me inspiration.

stay strong everyone and thanks for being there for me xx

gw:l
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

this weeks plan.

Girly, it's great that you are back here and not giving up.

What daily actions do you plan to take to stay AF on the days where that is your plan?

Since it doesn't sound like "controlled drinking" has worked in the past for you, what do you think will be different at the event this Friday?

Just some food for thought....sobriety requires some tough decision making and some real effort. Good for you on ordering antabuse. That is a concrete action that could really help you in your sober quest.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

this weeks plan.

hi dg

i am a late evening drinker, so my plan is to go to bed at 8pm with my book, that will get me through. it did last week.

on fri/ sat i'm going to volunteer myself as the designated driver for the event during the day and just try to have as minimal as i can during the evenings. make sure i don't stay up too late with the rest of the crowd as they are often up chatting in the other caravans til one in the morning and the wine flows. some nice food at the food festival and hubby keeping an eye on me. hopefully my antabuse wont be long.

thats my plan and whilst it has flaws, it's the best i can do at the moment.
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

this weeks plan.

girly, a plan is better than no plan! You can keep improving it with time as you see what works and what doesn't. I like the "go to bed early" plan. That works for me too!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

this weeks plan.

thanks dg

only a few more hours and ill be tucked safely in my bed with my fab book xx

Comment

this weeks plan.

What fab book are you reading?

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

this weeks plan.

two women by martina cole. i've read all of her books and now i'm starting them all again, they are great. x
              real edge of your seat shocking writing. love it x

Comment

this weeks plan.

Hi Girly!
                Good plan with going to bed early with a great book! That strategy saved me many times. Out of curiosity, what book are you reading? I am a serious bookworm and am always looking for new things to read I can also make a few suggestions to you if you'd like! Keep up your good work and stay strong!
                K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

this weeks plan.

k9 see above

Comment

this weeks plan.

love Martina Cole i have two women and at least 5 others. A good book helps me sometimes if one you can't put down. The best of luck over the weekend. Maya be try just a few bud or coors lite and drink slowly.

Comment

this weeks plan.

Hey Girly,

Good you have a plan in place. Antabuse was the way to go for me as well and has kept me on the path.
                      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

this weeks plan.

thanks johnnyh

i didnt stick to my plan lastnight and had a bottle of wine. i'm kinda using the excuse 'my antabuse hasnt arrived yet so i dont have to try til it arrives.' silly i know. still, ive had to take 2 tramadol today to relieve back pain and i wont be mixing alcohol with those. so i won't drink today. x

gw x

Comment

this weeks plan.

GW

Be careful with the Tramadol - they are not recommended for ANYONE with AL or any other addiction issues. I know because they were prescribed for me when I was ill and in agony. The leaflet/box was covered with "Not to be given to anyone with addiction or alcohol problems" but I had told the Drs several times about my health situation and drinking etc. They just ignored it. Tramadol is an opiate based painkiller. I ended up drinking on them and taking more and more over a period of just 4 days. Threw them in the bin on day 4. Someone has since told me they are used with Heroin addicts in withdrawal. I won't ever touch the stuff again it was so bad (I had some really wierd side effects too).

Regards the weekend away - it's great you have a plan however please be aware that Alcoholics make all sorts of excuses, reasoning to put off stopping. At the moment you have an event and are focussing on the AB. There will always be 'events' and there will be plenty in the future once you are sober. If I were in a caravan full of alcohol I'd drink the lot and even now I wouldn't put myself in an enclosed space with AL.

Hope everything goes ok.

Comment

this weeks plan.

hi uk

i suffer very serious injury in my spine and usually take morphine, however, i dont like taking that unless its the last resort as its a really strong opiate and VERY addictive and the last thing i need is another addiction. other than that ive taken tramadol to control it regularly for years and it really has little or no effect on me any more. i've only taken it to take the edge off.

i know exactly what you're saying about there will always be an event / excuse , which is why im hoping the antabuse will take away my choice and stop me finding excuses. my hubby is going to give me the dosage everyday so he can monitor it.x

i could give your advice out exactly as you've written it,i know i fool myself, shame i can't listen to myself eh?:l

you have done so well, i hope one day i have your strength hun x :thanks:

Comment

this weeks plan.

GW

I am useless as taking my own advice which is why this forum has been so helpful - I make myself read the stuff I post and that way it goes in for me, as well as help someone else. Selfish but works.

I've spent 7 years trying to give up so guess I've had a lot of practice, and experience. 'bout time I sorted myself out!

Comment

Working...
                              X