AF with hangover symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD- I have had horrible sugar and carb craving too ever since I went AF and it's been over a month now. Unfortunately I've gained back almost all the 7 lbs I initially lost and feel horribly run down and bloated despite the supplements. I just bought a bottle of GABA today (it's recommended in the addendum to the book) and will take my first tomorrow at breakfast with the L-Glut. It's touted as your body's natural sedative. Even tho I'm taking the Calm Fortes, I am still anxious, antsy, can't seem to find whatever I need to fulfill myself. The GABA is an amino acid that is tied to addiction behavior as AL causes a deficiency of it. It's supposed to restore brain chemistry, decrease stress and reduce addictive cravings (and I consider this sugar addiction just that). Both GABA and L-Glut need to be taken with Vit. B-6 for maximum absorption and I haven't been doing it that way with the L-Glut.
    I will let you all know how it goes.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

daybyday - I experienced the exact same thing!! It's like smoking - when I quit I got sick all the time and all kinds of weird symptoms. I found that when I stopped drinking, some of the behaviors and my physical reactions stayed the same! It's all about change..good sober change!

Comment

Great feedback

Thanks for the great "sugar" feedback. Loved the dog talk too. :dog: Took my baby girl out for another long walk today, she's a golden lab/staffy cross, a real blond beauty. I'll try to post a pic of her soon.
        Didn't crave the sugar as bad today, but again got out for a good hike with dog so that probably helps. Did have to sneak a few sugary treats though to get through.
        Tried to get L-Glut at the drugstore but they don't carry it here, she suggested a health store so will try that tomorrow.
        Finally went and got a GP today, we moved 2 years ago and haven't had one since moving here. Figured with all these health and lifestyle changes time to get back to regular check ups and probably wouldn't hurt to have some anti-anxiety med's on hand when I go back to work.
        Thanks again:thanks:
        AF since April 19, 2010
        NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
        -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

My hiking partner

Here's my girl....:h Attached files [img]/converted_files/1208984=5580-attachment.jpg[/img]
          AF since April 19, 2010
          NF since Nov 10, 2000

-Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

daybyday;843931 wrote: Here's my girl....:h
            Gorgeous!!!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks Doggygirl, she is sure loving her Mom being sober and available ALL the time now!
              AF since April 19, 2010
              NF since Nov 10, 2000

-Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

DBD,GREAT JOB!! one weekend will turn to two,keep it up im cheering for you!

Comment

What about you Buddy B.

Your a quiet achiever.

I've been watching you and you've gotta be clocking up about 14 days af yourself.

Big Way to go to you

Jacq:goodjob:
                  Happy to be back

Comment

Working...
                  X