Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OverIt2007's 30-day Challenge - EVERYONE INTO THE POOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OverIt2007;867474 wrote: Where can I read your story at KTAB? Would love to read it! Right after my walk
    In special interest/tell us your story.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I read it just now KTAB. I posted my response, I can so relate to your story. Im glad your here! Lets resolve to stay away from the damn cliffs because we know. The cliffs are dangerous and the meadows is where the safety is. And the happiness
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Good for you, you know deep down you can do this.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Oh, the difference a day can make.

Yesterday, as some of you might have figured out, I was a complete mess!!! Mentally, I was shot due to drinking vodka the night before. Like always, when I started with a "drink" it was supposed to be just a couple, but ended up a whole hell of a lot more, and leaving me an emotional wreck in the morning. The lies alcohol can tell us.

Now, today.. after a good nights rest, no AL of course! I feel back to myself again. I just got back from running with my little dog, smiling at people along the path I run on, stopping to talk to some strangers with their dogs, enjoying the sunshine on my face, and feeling alive as I sweat in the Florida sun. The beauty of the earth all around me I can see so plainly.

Im going to have to step up the measures I fight with to beat this thing. If it takes me Antabuse, so be it. If it takes AA, then so be it. Thank you all for being here, sharing your stories, giving advice, and most of LISTENING to this woman from Florida who is just LIKE YOU and wants us all to find our success. :l

KTAB!!! You better be swimming some serious laps today!!!

Comment

Hey OverIt! Glad to hear you feeling yourself again. I too love just walking (walking not running) down the street and greeting people with a big smile on my face and in my heart. My office is riddled with inspirational thoughts.

Here's one for us:
            We magnetize into our lives whatever we hold in our thought. You are doing just that. Keep it up girl!

And right now I'm thinking I better get to work. So much to do.

Have a great day All!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Good Morning!!!

Overit, I'm glad you're feeling better today. Next time you want to have a drink, remember how you felt yesterday. I still remember my last hangover. I was at work and I swore I was going to pass out in my office, it was the worst feeling ever, I ended up going home early that day. Ugh...bad memories, but necesary to remember! But anyway, I am glad you're better!!!

Good to see you all here today, RC and our boy KTAB!

I'm glad it's Wednesday and the week's half over...I am taking half of Friday off so that I can enjoy a looong weekend!

Why is the pool so empty these days?
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

*crickets*

Comment

Hey K9, Not a sound from the wild life here....usually lots of frogs bellowing and chirping. It's dark and balmy. Kink of like my mood. They're calling for severe thunder storms tonight and tomorrow. I'm not feeling like I have much positive to say. I will say I will be filling drink tracker in with a number tonight. Not sure how I will feel about that tomorrow. Right now it seems ok. You are doing so well. Keep it up girl!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

That would be: "kind* of like my mood"

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

mama here splashing around....
                      home all day with a stomach flu and trying to eat some noodles.......
                      KTAB...gonna go read your story right now
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

RC,
                        I am sorry you're not in the best of moods right now...hang in there, it will get better, it always does. :lilflower:
                        K9

Comment

Thanks K9...I know it will. I guess I'm still trying to find the balance in the aftermath of living with circumstances. I know that probably means notta to you.

Mama good to see you kickin ass for 10 days!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

hang in there RC....we have all been to the dark places....
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning Everyone!!

Yes, I agree... the pool seems a little barren these days. Oh well, thats ok! Ill swim some laps with whoever takes a dip in today.

How is everyone doing today? R.C. feeling better? K-9 what exciting sober things you have planned with your long weekend??? Hi Mama, how are you? And of course KTAB, always wishing you the very best.

Everyone on here is very motivating and inspirational to me, but you know who has really been on my mind because I saw her "before" and "after" pictures? Doggygirl! Of course I think we all agree shes a lady who always has great insight, but I was reading her "my story" and I found where she has posted before and after pics. If you ever want some extra motivation, check out her pics. Its not that she was once kinda fat and now in shape. Its that she was an alcoholic, ok fat, depressed and now shes a happy fit sober smiling lady. Her pics have really stuck in my brain as a visual of what can be accomplished on here.

catch you later guys!

Comment

I'm here... I've been kinda waiting for this 30-day challenge to wind down so we can start something new. As you all know, I didn't do very well with this one! (Feeling a bit ashamed really, if you must know.)
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X