Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OverIt2007's 30-day Challenge - EVERYONE INTO THE POOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi RC, yep have had a lovely day. Shopping with sprogs this morn - no money left!! Fell asleep in garden when I got home and have a big rosie face. Hope everyone havin a good sober weekend!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hey Guys..
      I have been on other threads but wanted to check in....
      Antabuse terrifies me too Overit......i completly understand your concerns...i tend to think i am invicible and would probably do something stupid...
      SPUDDLE...BABY...I AM SO SORRY....I have been quite jealous of your "easy" af choice, while I have been continuing to plod along......don;t beat yourself up...i need you to continue to inspire me.....
      Molly asleep in the garden......makes me smile...it's too damn hot to sleep outside
      as far as the bottles of wine in the grocery.....now that I am focused on the destructive side of alcohol....i am more amazed by how society is SATURATED with booze...the ads....the unbelievable supply......maybe prohibition wasn't such a bad thing????? I'm just saying....it causes so much misery.....

ok enough of my soapbox...off to shower and then out for pizza
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mollyka;864761 wrote: Hi RC, yep have had a lovely day. Shopping with sprogs this morn - no money left!! Fell asleep in garden when I got home and have a big rosie face. Hope everyone havin a good sober weekend!
        Molly
        Hey Molly, hope I get a rosy face tomorrow. It better not rain for two days. I'm begging!
        I'm guessing sprogs are your kids and not a funny name for dogs. lol No money left...I never have money to start.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

mama bear;864786 wrote: Hey Guys..

now that I am focused on the destructive side of alcohol....i am more amazed by how society is SATURATED with booze...the ads....the unbelievable supply......maybe prohibition wasn't such a bad thing????? I'm just saying....it causes so much misery.....

ok enough of my soapbox...off to shower and then out for pizza
          Hi Mama, sorry to hear you are having such a struggle. I don't think prohibition is the answer though. There are many things in life that we can become addicted to that are risky and dangerous to our health. We have free will to practice moderation or abstinence and to seek the support and tools we need to exercise them. Just like we are doing.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

You know, I work at a place where alcohol is served, and where you have to be a member to go. Basically you have to be rich in order to be there. Very rich.

I see tons of alcohol abuse everyday from the members, but because they are RICH, its accepted and brushed under the rug! If your rich, you can be an alcoholic. No problem there cause your rich! Im not saying thats true, but that seems to be the general attitude around the rich people I wait on everyday.
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

It is sad OverIt. I bartended in a high end lounge many years ago and would have to say the same thing. And it was the rich ones that were often the cheapest tippers! They still have a choice though and they will eventually PAY health wise unless they get the luck of the draw. It must be hard for you working in that environment. Stay strong!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Thanks Ringing. Working with alcohol definately has its challenges for me, and I even bartend one day a week! Uggg. Yep right in my face.

I've had to accept the fact though, that around alcohol or not, it will always be a problem for me. Even if I was a doctor or a nurse, the chances that I would still be stopping at the liquor store after work is real. It doesnt matter where I work I've realized, but having it right in your face is a struggle.

Hope your doing good! Enjoy the day!
                I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Absolutely!! Alcohol is readily available if you want it. I have kept those 11 bottles in my house while taking this challenge and not touched a drop. For sure tempted a few times. Day 28 today!! My friend is giving in because it is a long weekend but that's ok she mostly was just riding shotgun for me. It's day 29 for her but may still hang on if the weather sucks which it is right now. grrr You have a good one too! )

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RC - day 28!! :goodjob:
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

and wirth wine in the house...amazing
                      I don't think prohibition is the answer.....was just musing!!!

Comment

My sister and her husband have heaps of money as do all their friends - they all live the high life, posh restaurants several times a week, 5 or 6 exotic holidays a year, parties, etc etc and they all drink sooooo much. Not binges, but they drink under every circumstance - lunch, dinner, pretheatre, after theatre, brunch you name it, the champagne comes out, the posh wines etc but not one of them would consider they have any prob with alcohol. I remember years ago seeing a prog on tele about a woman dying of cirhossis of liver. She was an ambassadors wife and she said she had never been drunk in her life but her circle drank all the time. Scary
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

very scary moll....lots of peeps in denial out there....

Comment

Happy Monday to everyone!
                            Hope you're all well and had a great weekend. I spent mine with my favorite person...my 12 year old girl We had lots of fun shopping and spent WAY too much on frivilous stuff, but oh well, I figured I was due for a "treat" after 50+ days AF!!!...then we spent the evening in a local coffee shop watching friends of ours play music (my daughter happens to have a crush on the 14 year old drummer...lol).
                            So just wanted to check in and say Hello to everyone, hope you all have a great week!
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

It was a great 2 days. I have to admit I fell short ... 10.5 short... and now I am at 5+ glasses of wine.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hello :hallo: anyone remember me?
                                Ok I am getting down and dirty now, this filter needs cleaning out, then I am changing the water. It will be nice and fresh and warm by the time you ladies get back.
                                If you see me floating face down on my lilo in the middle with my toes dipping in the water so try and keep the noise down eh as I will probably be worn out.
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X