Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OverIt2007's 30-day Challenge - EVERYONE INTO THE POOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps...be strong sk8:h:h
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Overit ~ Don't worry about being a broken record, I really AM interested in how things are going with you...so please let me know! Tell me if you have any questions about Antabuse, not that I am the expert or anything, but I will be happy to help anyway I can!

SK8~ Stay strong...I know Fridays were hard for me too at first, but it sounds like you are doing good...hang in there!

Mama~How are you doing?

HI COCO!

RC ~ How are you doing today hon? Check in and let us know!!!

Let's get working on that theme for next month
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Don't worry about sounding like a broken record Over. Get those feelings and frustrations out there. The important thing is you keep picking yourself up and trying again. If you do find other outlets for lonliness let me know. Alcohol is just not a option in my life anymore. As you know it has already done enough damage. Sometimes it feels like my life is the emotional equvilant to Hiroshima.
        Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
        No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

Hello to everyone!!! I still like the pool theme. I've become pretty comfortable here and it doesn't have to have the 30 pressure at all. It seems to be where I'm getting to know people better and better. Just like in the general thread the swimming pool analogy is easy to relate to and a nice way of offering support. We can be easily at any stage at any time and still stay in the pool. Just me thoughts here.
          K9 you are so sweet to check on me. Thank you. It really does mean a lot. I'm not the best to reach out most of the time. Are you still taking the NF challenge? How's that going for you?
          OverIt.....you brave, beautiful girl! The fact that you come back and have been so honest about your slips make you very, very brave. And now the Antabuse.....you are going to make it....no matter what!!
          Hiya, Mama, Coco and Sk8!!!
          KT and Oney come on back every day please??
          I am trying a different strategy/challenge with my girlfriend starting today. I don't know how well I will do, but will share it when the weekend is over. I hope to share my success!!
          Jumping into the shallow end. Happy Friday!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Here's the thread I was referring to:
            Just Like a Swimming Pool.
            I replied to a post the other day for someone who wanted to stop drinking but they were feeling apprehensive about it...
            I told them that now they had dipped their toe in the water, not to be afraid to jump in as there would be many hands waiting to catch them…Well that got me thinking, and I think there is a comparision to be made between all of us here at MWO and a busy day at the local swimming pool…So here goes….
            Pretend you are sitting high up in the viewing gallery and as you look down you can see everything…

Lets start at the shallow end, here you have the non-swimmer, the new ones, who are on their first or second visit….they stand there, scared to take their feet off the bottom, frightened to trust in themselves in case they can’t make it and end up drowning…..Some of them don’t realise the lifeguards will rush to help them in any emergency, they forget they can ask the more experienced swimmers for help at any time….For some its all too much as they look towards the deep end of the pool far away in the distance and think “ No I can’t do it, I’ll never be able to swim that far, I’ll be out of my depth “…Completely forgetting that those swimmers they can see in the distance, diving in, swimming and generally having a good time had once stood where they are now, consumed with the same feelings of fear and inadequacy…So some of them go home, never to return…

The ones who stay, a few of them may decide to sit on the side of the pool just long enough to gather their courage to perhaps have another go…And then a well meaning relative or friend may come up and give them a push into the water thinking they are helping…That never works, you have to decide for yourself when you are ready to get into the water and lift your feet off the bottom…So they opt out as well…

The last few who are left, who decided to give it a go, they are the ones who have the confidence to lift their feet, make the first few strokes…Sometimes they don’t quite get it right and disappear under the water for a few seconds, but they bob up again, coughing and spluttering….Another few give up at this stage because they think its getting too difficult and they will never make it…

Then we come to the ones who think its worth another try…They are the ones who realise they can’t do this properly on their own so they ask for and are given help….For some, it will be one to one swimming lessons, for others a pair of water wings or a float will do, but its only until they get used to swimming on their own and it becomes part of there normal routine…

Gradually as time goes on these novice swimmers can be seen swimming further and further down the pool, starting to gain confidence and a belief in themselves that their goal is attainable…Where they once thought “ This is too difficult, I’m going to fail “ they now look back at the shallow end and think “ Why was I so scared?, I can do this “…Then the magic, when they look forward and realise the deep end of the pool is almost within reach….

And then we come to the deep end, here people are diving in from the high board, doing back flips off the side, swimming across the pool underwater, filled with confidence not fear, knowing that what they are able to do now is achievable, with practice, by anyone….After all, don’t forget, they were once standing at the shallow end themselves, scared to take their feet off the bottom….

So if this is your first visit to this swimming pool, and you are standing in the shallow end, frightened and shivering, overwhelmed by it all, look down towards the deep end by all means, but don’t be intimidated by the distance you will have to swim to get there…Enjoy the shallow end, splash around, lift your feet off the bottom now and then, watch your confidence grow, and one day when you reach the deep end you will look back and be amazed at the distance you have travelled……

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hey Ringing, Sk8, whoever else swims by!

Ringing, that is an awesome comparision, and so well written. I enjoyed reading that today.

Missed you guys yesterday as I was stuck at my Hell job for 14 hours. Need to go back and catch up on the posts.
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Yo Little swimmers,

Just checking in, plan to do nowt today and stay in my pajamas, play with the kids and stuff my face!

I adore sober weekends and never take them for granted..I have spent too many feeling wank and struggling to evn function normally.

Being sober is a gift.

Have a great day everyone...and remember....

THERE IS NOTHING WE CANNOT LIVE DOWN, RISE ABOVE, AND OVERCOME. – ELLA WHEELER WILCOX (1850 – 1919)

"It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Anyone think of a New theme yet for next month??? I dont know about anyone else, but I will be glad to see May go bye-bye! It was not a successful month for me, grrrrr.

I feel blessed to have you guys as my friends, all of you. I wish we all lived close and we could go hang out, AF of course duh!!!

Ringing, whats your new challenge with your friend???? Let us know how it goes!!!

Comment

Hang in there Over. I know you can do it.
                    Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
                    No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

Thanks Sk8 :l

How you been doing? Fighting off that loneliness? Well, remember, you always got us!

My future plans are looking to the Antabuse. What the Hell, just do it right??? LOL

Hope you have a good weekend. I have to work, but will definately be lurking around on here.

Comment

THERE IS NOTHING WE CANNOT LIVE DOWN, RISE ABOVE, AND OVERCOME. – ELLA WHEELER WILCOX (1850 – 1919)
                        Worth repeating. Thanks Oney!!
                        Still swimmng here. Overit, the new challenge did not go so well. Knowing the health benefits of a glass of red a day, that was our goal. Say no more....
                        Hope everyone is having a great day. Loving having another nice Sunday here. )

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hey all........I haven't posted on here for quite awhile. Because I felt like I failed because it was a challenge and I didn't make it. I wanted to make it. But, I didn't. I am certainly doing better. And am hoping to continue that trend. I would love to be able to come back to the pool and swim again. But, the pressure got to me. Not from any of you........but the pressure I put on myself. I'm trying to work on that.
                          Anyway.....first time I've stopped in here for a long time.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ringing Cedars;871836 wrote: THERE IS NOTHING WE CANNOT LIVE DOWN, RISE ABOVE, AND OVERCOME. ? ELLA WHEELER WILCOX (1850 ? 1919)
                            Worth repeating. Thanks Oney!!
                            Still swimmng here. Overit, the new challenge did not go so well. Knowing the health benefits of a glass of red a day, that was our goal. Say no more....
                            Hope everyone is having a great day. Loving having another nice Sunday here. )
                            Hi RC maybe this would help next time...

Red wine VS Acai Berry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acai berry has rich source of compounds called anthocyanins. These are same compounds thought to give red wine its health benefit. But Acai berries may contain even higher concentration of these healthy benefits. As you know red wine may have risks associated with alcohol. Acai berry is more safe than Red wine.
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Nora - missed you. Hey look, we can all look forward to June right? Overit just needs a theme...hmm. I'll try and think of something!
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hey Ya all!

Hope you are all enjoying a nice long sober weekend! Ringing, you have to elaborate more on your "experiment". Oh the games we play right???

Last Thursday I thought I was so cool because I had some vodka not drank in my home for two or three days. That must mean I do not have a problem right??? Well Thursday rolled around with a whole day off to myself, and boy did I get myself in trouble. Havent been able to touch a drop since! Ick!!!

Techi, nice to meet you and look forward to getting to know you better. I have no idea where this thread is going, it just keeps a going and a going.... There is no challenge anymore at this point.

To be honest, I think its going to be ODAT for me. I always fail these challenges. I can be the cheerleader on the sidelines routing you on.

Hi Nora! Have missed you! Just pop in anytime for a dip with us!!

Wonder where K-9 is??

Comment

Working...
                                X