Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OverIt2007's 30-day Challenge - EVERYONE INTO THE POOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a lilo?

Comment

A plastic raft.
      Coco

Comment

Coco!! And you want to iron our stuff with a lilo all over it??:H

Hi Fennel!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Wow...lots of swimmers today. Welcome Patricia. Hiya K9, Mama, Nora and OverIt and everyone!
          Oney I bet you smelled my hamburglers and came over for a snack.
          Mr. KT what DO you mean by that?
          Has anyone heard from Katie?

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Coco, I do hope that you're not using the same iron to press lilos as you are man-kinis and other textiles!

Comment

Oh I always get to the pool when you guys are in bed, thats okay, lots of room to splash around on my own. Fine weather we are having and the water is warm:-)

Comment

Early morning meandering: 30 DAY VOYAGE. POOL ON A SHIP.

All the swimmer analogy applies and then some. If you are pulled into the dark, rushing waters or in some cases jump ship feeling brave and strong, there will always be those on the ship throwing life lines to bring you back and enjoy the safety of the pool.

And there will always be humpback whales – especially on “hump days” to the rescue. Dolphins are always about too sending their echolocation waves to bring you to safety. I’ve heard these waves make one feel good too. The ocean is FREE of sharks!

In the evenings we have a chat room and lounge where our DJ’s are usually spinning tunes to engage you.

There will be sunny and stormy days. The ship will not sink!

How does that sound friends?

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Oh, I LOVE THIS! Great Job Ringing!!!

Shit girl, why dont you start the New Thread under YOUR name??? Or just keep it here, up to you! I think you make a GREAT leader

Well, off to the Doctor for me in a few minutes. I am discussing me getting on Antabuse!!! I have a few questions I would like answered, just want to be sure about things.

As I posted on ODAT, having 4 or 5 days AF is great, but not good enough for this girl. I do not feel like I am progressing to do good, then fail. Everytime I feel back at square 1. I truly feel real growth will come with COMPLETE abstinance.
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Thats sounds great RC. Excellent post...btw it WAS the smell of yer burgers that lured me!

There is safety in numbers.....if anyone is feeling wobbly or upset or feels like reaching for that drink, can we make a pact to log on here first? Cravings pass a lot quicker than the effects of deciding to drink.

Here is to a new month and a new start and new lives... xxx
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Sorry missed you there Over.

FAIR play to you on the Antabuse...it shows t#your commitment and how much you want this....you GO Girl.

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Can anyone join in? Only just learning to swim after 40 odd years if you know what I mean?

Comment

Hello Anon,

Heck yeah you can join in! Jump on in the pool with us! There are no rules, just a desire to quit drinking or cut down. Whatever your goals are, we are here to support you!

We have fun here, but get serious too. We have to have a little fun dont we?

Looking forward to splashing you!!!!!
                          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

thanks mates! I personally don't want to start a new thread, but crew rules. Selfishly I like the comfort of this thread and I will be one that feels brave enough to jump ship at this point in my journey. And no one has to feel ashamed to share the voyage. Also re reading the whole thread will be of benefit to those for newbies, I think?
                            Oney I like the idea of checking in before hand especially for those who are really committed to a 30 day challenge. You can be Mess Hall Queen but must have healthy choices too. Yes, of the verde kind. (I think that's green)
                            OverIt good luck with the doc!
                            Anon...welcome mate! Enjoy the cruise!
                            Bon Voyage on the journey!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Thanks for the welcome day 5 for me. Longest I have ever gone

Comment

I can be verde (while eating a chocolate doughnut!)

Anon, that is bloody fantastic....well done...

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X