Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OverIt2007's 30-day Challenge - EVERYONE INTO THE POOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Paul he had it coming
    Should we cook Jojo as well? Poolside BBQ? I heard elephants trunk is rather tasty!
    Gonna do few morning laps, it already looks like its going to be one crazy super hot day!
    Be back in a few,
    Steve

Comment

Here for day 7 but I know I will start counting again tomorrow. I have decided to have some drinks with friends tonight. Not a binge by any means. Some time with a girlfriend and her family at the cottage. Swim, bbq and some home made wine coolers. And I will continue to count up again next week. Still very pleased with my progress. We all must decide what works for us. My only hope and prayer is that I don't somehow cause someone to drink when their goal is complete abstinence. I want to be honest about my journey on the other hand. I have had wine at my finger tips throughout the whole time of my 77 day journey and for most of it the days that I drank they were planned(12 days al). I will not drive. A bit different is that I will be mixing my wine with a nice light natural fruit spritzer for the homemade cooler rather than straight up.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Oh I found some recipes in case there in an elephant cook out.

The Famous Elephant Stew Recipe

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Morning all!
          Didnt have time to do my evening laps so i do extra now! AF 8 here i come!

RC i think each of us got his own strategy on how to deal with Alzilla so as long as we stick to it we should be good right?

Now for our poolside BBQ, i have gutted Jojo already and started to cut her into edible pieces. I need your help so that we can finish the cutting in about 2 weeks time. Also i spent about an hour in my garden with a shovel but warthogs were rather elusive. Get one if you can. We should ask KT and techie to help us out, cooking an elephant is not easy!

Now a big splasher for my morning laps,

Laters all,

Steve

Comment

Morning all, think this might be my first dip in the pool today, but it's damn hot so I've brought my trunks. If your going to cook an elephant Steve, which I too am sure is not easy. I wonder if it might be worth setting a fire in it's belly and cooking it from the inside out. (Draw appropriate metaphors at will).
            "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

AF day 9 hurray!

Johnny glad you in our pool! I indeed need a lot of help frying this elephant!

Steve

Comment

Oh the water looks good...SPLASH!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Morning Steve and Johnny!

Well I must say Saturday night was fun, but man did I feel crap Sunday. I went with the flow and therefore drank no more (less than many) than anyone else (except the dd's of course) and behaved in no way that I need to be embarrassed or ashamed. My body's tolerance is definitely lower. Assessment and goals TBC......

Great going Steve on day 9!

Johnny 30 days is fabulous!

Glad to have you guys in the pool! Missing OI, KTAB, Techie, little Nut Cocoa, Sk8r, Nora and everyone who drops in for a visit.
                  We're having a BIG bbq in a month or so. Come on over and lend a hand and share this delicacy with us or we'll have to start canning.

I have a store full of spices so we won't lack for seasonings. )

Sober 2 days again....still thinking 90 day challenge ahead.

Splish, splash!!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hey Techie! It does feel good in the pool. Good to see you!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hey RC, techie!
                      Weather today kinda crappy but well have to skinny dip then
                      Day 9 AF going well and feeling so good!
                      Steve

Comment

Just one quick question

If the bbq is in a month and the intention is to serve elephant (JoJo) and JoJo is already... ahem... 'expired' - has anyone thought of refrigeration?

I know we've all eaten some nasty-ish stuff from Fennel's Taco Truck but month old elie might be pushing it?
                        Coco

Comment

NOOOOoooooo dont eat the beautiful elephant :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Yoooo Hooooo!!! Overit is here too!!!

Not much going on in the world of this boring sober Mom haha!! Got a sick doggie to take to the vet, a kid expecting me to take him to Disneyland in the morning (oh boy!!). Disneyland should be an adventure I suppose??? (help me)

After lugging my kid around Disney tommorrow can somebody give me massage by the pool please!!!
                            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I'm jumping in - day 2...
                              new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Hey OI....I'll lug the kid around Disney and then I get a massage. How's that? NO??

Hope your K9 friend is Ok....Hey I haven't been reading many threads today but....where is K9?? I don't think I've seen her anywhere yet.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X