Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here.

UK Blonde,

Great post.. goes to show you can still have fun and life is more meaningful when AF.. I totally agree with you about the UK and its activities being centred around AL for the mainstream.. Im from the UK so I know at Uni - binge drinking was encouraged with nights at the Uni bar being 2-4-1 shots etc.. its such a bad influence.. I saw an article in "Glamour" magazine a while back blaming society for its drinking problems.. its exactly the same here in Aus - every public holiday its all about the drinking.. but you are also right in that not everyone drinks, people do chose not to drink.. it is still a personal choice despite the "pressures" put upon us..
    I.R - I hope you find inspiration here! it is a choice.. we all need to make some lifestyle changes and tweakings if we are to have success in being AF.. the longer I am sober, the more I find that drinking really does suck- it takes years off your life, and does not lead to anything positive,
    take care,
    Katie x
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

New Here.

Agree with Katie - UKBlonde's post very inspiring - thanks

Comment

New Here.

I am new to this forum

Trying not to beat myself up again. drinking just not drunk. A.A. sucks where I'm from. Bunch of up their own arses kinda people. I keep going back to it. Expect to feel different every time.

Comment

New Here.

I did manage several months abstinance over the last 2 yrs. 3 months, 3months again and weeks at a time and then 7 months after a treatment programme last year. I've come to find it works successfully when it becomes my choice instead of 'I must because mum, boyfriend, brother say I must'. Good luck with your 30 day plan.

Comment

New Here.

Welcome Dippy....come join us in the Newbies Nest
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
            X