new to the nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to the nest

Hi, I have been reading posts since April 11th and am now jumping in. I have tried to stop drinking so many times in the past ten years. Today is day 1 and I will try to join the 30 day AF goal. While I have ordered the book, tapes, and supplements, I am presently in another country from my mailing address and will not be back for five weeks. So, I am trying to do this cold turkey, but with a supportive community. Will try to post my progress and a way of being accountable.:new:
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

new to the nest

Hi Free:welcome: Glad to meet you! You have come to the right place. We all here understand and support you.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

new to the nest

Hey Free and Welcome,

Come and find the Newbies Nest and hop into the conversation.

I am 3 months into the journey, although not all of that AF (alcohol free), but the AF time I have done is amazing.

Spam xx

Comment

new to the nest

:welcome: hi free. glad you have found us. this is a great place for support and advice. as you already know there are some great informative posts. keep reading and posting and we will try our best to help you along the way
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

new to the nest

free at last;844698 wrote: Hi, I have been reading posts since April 11th and am now jumping in. I have tried to stop drinking so many times in the past ten years. Today is day 1 and I will try to join the 30 day AF goal. While I have ordered the book, tapes, and supplements, I am presently in another country from my mailing address and will not be back for five weeks. So, I am trying to do this cold turkey, but with a supportive community. Will try to post my progress and a way of being accountable.:new:
          :welcome: free at last... did I hear you say... YOU ARE going to join the 30 day challange
          Wishing you the best along your journey!

runningwind
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

new to the nest

new to the nest

Thanks to all. Yes, I am joining the 30 day challenge. I can't seem to get past two days and the craving for sugar is very difficult. But everyone seems supportive, and I have seen several people in the past two weeks make it to the 7day+ stage. Cheers.:thanks:
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

new to the nest

Hi Free just jumping in to say my hello and :welcome:
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

new to the nest

WAY TO GO!!!
                free at last;844748 wrote:
                Thanks to all. Yes, I am joining the 30 day challenge. I can't seem to get past two days and the craving for sugar is very difficult. But everyone seems supportive, and I have seen several people in the past two weeks make it to the 7day+ stage. Cheers.:thanks:
                The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

new to the nest

Hi Free, and welcome. It is great that you are ready to start your life af, you can do it. Keep us posted for sure. All the best.
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

new to the nest

hi Free,

Welcome to the site.. you have found a great place.. you are amongst friends here.. definately join us in the pool for the 30-day challenge!!

Katie xx
                    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

new to the nest

Hiya Free :welcome:

I am pretty new here too, but these are a great bunch of people and very helpful and friendly. I lurked around a couple of months before I took the plunge...I am sooooooo glad that I did.
                      I want to live life sober....not die a drunk

Comment

Working...
                      X