Old Habits Die Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Habits Die Hard

Tomorrow night (Friday) my daughter will be going to her fathers house for the weekend. Guess what the first thought was that popped into my head??? "I'll grab a 12 pack and a movie and enjoy my night off"....annoying! Thank goodness I know that I will NOT act on that thought, but it's still goes to show how strong our addictions are. Saturday will be Day 30 for me...so take that AL!!!!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Old Habits Die Hard

WOW, congratulations K9. You inspire me.
    Its funny how the thoughts about AL and the habits we used to have come back to us, haunting us. You made it this far...make another plan for tomorrow night.

I'm trying to figure what my husband and I can do this Friday night that does not include AL. Not sure if going to a restaurant is a great idea...not sure what else to do as we need to get out of the house.

H
    Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Old Habits Die Hard

hazel...go to the movies.
      k9....awesome job my friend....and thx for your sweet words of encouragement today!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Old Habits Die Hard

Hi Hazeleyes!

Mama stole my great inspired idea! LOL....I was gonna suggest the movies. hehe

I'm gonna take my poochie girl to the dog park...then hop on into chat here.

I could think of other things you and the hubs could do...but I won't elaborate...keep in mind I've been single a LOOONG time so my mind is in the gutter

Hang in there, you'll get through it!

:h

Comment

Old Habits Die Hard

Hazel,

I'm with Mama Bear....a romantic evening at the movies and then maybe a shower together ;-) ?
          K9...YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations and many thanks for all your support in my AF journey!

Comment

Old Habits Die Hard

Well done K9 Lover!

I remember having this "conversation" with you last weekend.. I have my son til sunday though this w/e.. plus the 30-day challenge is being a true motivator for me at the moment!
            I'm going to come on here whenever I feel tempted.. you can do this, you are doing so well! I wish I could make it to 30 days.. I did last year, I did 10 weeks! I'm hoping to do that again.. life is so much better AF! so many more things can be enjoyed,
            Take care, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend planned..
            Katie xx
            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Old Habits Die Hard

Yeah, my mind is in the gutter, too, because I never get there by myself! LOL
              K9, BTW, I am 49 so I've been single a MUCH lonnnnnger time than you ;-)

Comment

Old Habits Die Hard

Hi Katie!
                Yes...you were truly supportive of me while I was dealing with my "ex" issues....wow, time flies when you're having fun huh? Congrats on getting to 10 weeks in the past, you WILL get there again, I have complete faith in you!!!

This website has been an absolute godsend for me. I can't even express how much I love it here! I should probably stop logging in all day from work, but oh well. HA

You all stay strong!

Comment

Old Habits Die Hard

Keep up the good work!
                  September 23, 2011

Comment

Old Habits Die Hard

Nice 1 K9, keep that up!
                    I forgot about the movies, might just do that myself, I remember the friday nights spent in hartos pub... I shudder with the thoughts.
                    A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

Old Habits Die Hard

Hey all
                      Thanks rusty - movies and a shower...how will my husband cope!!!
                      Love you all
                      H
                      Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Working...
                      X