Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day here...

Hi everyone,

I've always liked drinking but never thought I had any problem with it until my marriage started falling apart about six months ago. We're going through a divorce and I now find myself drinking WAY more than I know is right. I just want to go back to having those couple of beers at night as a nice relaxer, but lately I've started having a few during the day and I don't want that to keep going. But I get so stressed with this whole divorce thing and think, Oh, just a beer to help me de-stress. And now here I am in the middle of the day wanting to have a beer... and going ahead and having it. I never get completely wasted (I'm drinking Mich Ultras) but I feel like I'm starting to just steadily sip all day... quiet numbing.

I've been reading about this topamax thing and I'm thinking maybe I should give it a try so that I won't want that beer during the day. But I've read so much about how it makes you foggy and I have a job that really requires concentration. Does it make you foggier than a couple of beers would? Should I post this question in that other forum about medications?

Is this a good place to come to on a moments notice if I really want that beer and want someone to tell me not to do it? Or is it not that active all the time?

Thanks in advance.

First day here...

:welcome: It is very active. If no one is in chat it is still a good place to come and put all of your feelings down in a post.

As to the topa, I never experienced much of the fog. The one thing you can do is try it and if it is too much, you can always stop. If you never try it, you will never know if it will help you.

I just started campral today. I did topa in the past and it worked really well, but I am looking for something with a few less side effects. But just remember it effects everyone differently and I the side effects do go away. I just don't know if I am willing to go through it again.

Welcome!
    -Nina

Comment

First day here...

Want 2Bhealthy:
      I am at 100mgs on Topamax and I haven't had any side effects and I feel fine.
      Lynn

Comment

First day here...

HEY IT CAN BE K. I AMDIVORCED, HARED IT FOR A WHILE THEN U LEARN TO LIVE A HAPPY LIFE IT GETS BETTER:welcome: :welcome:

Comment

Working...
        X