3 days and moving forward.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there. So, i think this is the longest i've been sober for the last 6months and i still hav loads of questions and debates goin on inside my head. I'm glad i found this site. I may just get addicted. Lol. I want to be an inspiration to others and i want to help as well as be motivated and helped by others. This looks likea great place to start. Will log on tonight after 12. Peace, love and light:new:
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

dizilizid;846611 wrote: Hi there. So, i think this is the longest i've been sober for the last 6months and i still hav loads of questions and debates goin on inside my head. I'm glad i found this site. I may just get addicted. Lol. I want to be an inspiration to others and i want to help as well as be motivated and helped by others. This looks likea great place to start. Will log on tonight after 12. Peace, love and light:new:
    Failure is only failure once you give up trying.
    AF since 04th May 2010

Comment

Hi Dizi

This site is very addictive - but it is such a great place to be. I find I need a fix in the morning and in the evening. Well done on 3 days AF. Read the book and keep reading and posts here.

QQ
      Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Thanks QQ. Please add me to friends list if there is such a thing. I need all the friends and support i can get. Cause this time i'm takin the bull by the horns
        AF since 04th May 2010

Comment

Hi Dizi, and welcome. Yes this is a great place for support. Read and write lots. There is a wealth of people here with excellent and caring thoughts and ideas. Congratulations on your three days, keep up the good work.
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

dizilizid;846614 wrote: Failure is only failure once you give up trying.
            Hi Dizilizid...how would you pronounce that? Diz ee liz eed? I love your quote. I read one yesterday that your comments made me recall. We cannot truly help others until we sincerely help our selves. Not verbatim, but it hit home for me, as I tend to be a helper when I should be helping myself. I do believe that helping others is part of a healing process as well, be sure. You are on the right track!!
            All the best on your quest! RC:welcome:

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

:welcome: diz....il.....whatever. I'm "tongue tied" with your user name too. Let us know how we should prounounce it in our minds! :H

Congrats on 3 days sober. That is awesome!

Beward the debates in your head. I'm guessing it goes something like this:

* See? We can not drink just fine. So let's drink today and then we can not drink tomorrow or some other time - any time we want.
              * If we can not drink for 3 whole days, we probably don't have a problem. Let's just have one.
              * We decided to quit drinking at a bad time. Let's wait until after ______________(insert life event here) to quit.

That sort of stuff? If so, that is your addiction talking. It's hard to ignore, but please do!! It is great to get past the early days of sobriety and be able to tackle getting well. So don't drink!

Strength and hope to you..

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

dizilizid

its is one of this para wotsits - reads the same backwards? Sure someone will come up with the right name.

Comment

Palendrome - that's it I think?

Comment

Hi D. I think many of us are addicted to this website!!! Its better to be addicted to this than booze!

Glad your here, this is a great place and 3 days is a great start to a sober life. Keep going!
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Welcome D, you've come to a great place. The "positive" support you receive is such an inspiration to continue on a path to live AF. I am pretty new here too, on day 12 AF and loving life again and seeing more clearly everyday after 30+ years of AL. Keep posting and reading!
                      AF since April 19, 2010
                      NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                      -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Haha. Yes, my name reads the same both ways. It's like a lizard that is dizi. DiziliziD. Thanks to you all for all your wishes and makin me feel comfortable and accepted. Its great. You'll be hearing lots from me. I'm already addicted to this site. Haha. Everyday i'll be asking my questions and needin help i'm sure. I want to eventually write a book on alcoholism and how to beat it. Can't wait. But i'll give myself a year or two before i start that. Lol. Need to help myself before i can help others as someone so eloquently put it. Chat rooms Lata. See ya all there i hope.
                        AF since 04th May 2010

Comment

Hey Dizi...good to see you back! You can still start writing that book...final copy at a later date. Rome wasn't built in a day, right?? Maybe you can tell me how to get into chat??? I asked somewhere else after being unsuccessful trying and didn't get a reply.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                          X