Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi, everyone. I'm just getting started on My Way Out. I had a good week last week, but then I drank two days straight (broke my own rule). Now I'm bloated and miserable.

The L-Glutamine really seems to help, but it's not a cure-all. Anyone have good experience with Kudzu??:new:

Hello

Welcome Crowgirl, you are in the right place here. Interesting what you say - I was once told "If you need to have rules then you are definitely in trouble" (ie addicted-type trouble).

I'm using L-Glut which was something I'd used when training heavy, was in the cupboard and thought why not. Kudzu I have tried without success but I do believe it mostly reduces the amount you actually drink, I knew I needed to stop completely.

I'm sure some of the others will be along in a minute with their experiences.

Uk x

Comment

Hello

Thanks Ukblonde! Yeah, I know I have a problem. I tried AA in the past (without success) and I was hoping and trying to moderate... but that's not going so well. So I'm here just reading and learning...

Comment

Hello

:welcome: Crowgirl - I tried moderating unsucessfully for years, spent the whole time I wasnt drinking counting the days or hours until I could drink and then went over the top anyway, it was more miserable than drinking whenever i wanted. I found this site in December and it was a Godsend, I wish you all the strength in the world, you are in a good place.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello

:welcome: Crowgirl! I've never used Kudzu but believe that what they offer on this site is the real deal. I think a lot of people buy it elsewhere but it is not in a strong enough extract to be effective. All the best in your goals.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hello

Just thought I would join in with the welcomes! :welcome:
            You have found a good place to get help.. a very supportive and non-judgemental environment here.. come on over to the newbies nest, where most of us hang out..
            Also, for medication advice - try one of the threads in the 'medications' section.. i believe a Dr posts replies on there..
            Take care,
            Katie xx
            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Hello

:welcome: Crowgirl! Based on my own experience and what I have seen mentioned here over the years, I would definitely recommend buying the Kudzu through the My Way Out Health store if you decide to try it. There have been some pretty bad reports of Kudzu bought elsewhere. Some of the other supplements you can get other places. Quality does matter - the rock bottom cheapest may not be effective.

I tried for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time to control my drinking. That is just not possible for me. Once I finally accepted my addict status, and accepted that I just can't ever drink safely, life got easier.

I started going to AA after about 8.5 months sober, and it's really helped me improve the quality of my sober life. BUT...I can't imagine being there if I wasn't sure I wanted to stop drinking. In fact, I was SURE AA was absolutely, positively, NOT NOT DOUBLE NOT for me when I was still in denial. (I'm a smart girl.... )

Anyway...strength and hope to you as you find your way.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello

Hey Crowgirl. First off i wanna say i dig your name. LOL
                I am also new, i am only 3 days sober. I've been sober for longer before, but i just kept on slipping back. I have a book by Patrick Holford called how to quit without feeling sh*%t and it goes into lank detail with guidlines and it's really brilliant. Maybe try find it somewhere. One thing i can say is that trying to control your drinking never works. Firstly you have to be honest with yourself and realise no moderation ever happens with us.
                One drink is too many and a thousand is never enough
                Good luck and stay strong, i've only been a member here for 1 and a half days and i already feel that this is the place i will heal. Great people with same problems, great advice. AA also never worked for me... never. But this site already has me craving to come back and chat and share and try help. Hope you find it helpful too.
                Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
                AF since 04th May 2010
                Fell overboard on the 8th July!
                My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
                :crazymonkey:

Comment

Hello

:welcome:Crowgirl,
                  New here myself but this is definitely working for me. Great people, supportive and someone is always there if you need to reach out. Keep posting and reading, a big welcome aboard!
                  AF since April 19, 2010
                  NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                  -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Working...
                  X