Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I know why I have gone AF.

Hi

It is just gone 3am here in the UK and I have just completed my mid-night walk, 2 hours 40 mins good time.

We went throught the centre of town. Oh my goodness what a wake up call. Girls wearing next to nothing staggering all over and wishing us a slurred good luck. The guys all staggering or standing around calling out to us. Do I want to be a part of that scene? No way.

Did not have the Bucks Fizz at the finish just a luke warm cup of tea.

Now into the shower coz it rained quite a bit so a bit soaked then off to bed.

Night night from a tired but proud QQ in England.
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

:goodjob: Good on you QQ, you should be really proud. :cheering:
    AF since April 19, 2010
    NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
    -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Yep, good on you! It's always a real eye-opener being sober when everyone else is drunk - and it always looks so pathetic! i saw a guy peeing in the street last weekend.. so disgusting but it used to seem so funny when your friends do that when you are all drunk.. funny if drunk, disgusting or pathetic it seems when you are sober!
      I much prefer the sober life too now..
      Katie xxx
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

QQ, good for you! We all need reminders like that to keep us sober.
        Not sure if you are into AA or not, but that is what keeps me on the straight and narrow. Hearing all the relapse stories and the tales of drinking days and the devastation really helps me.
        Keep it up.

Winefree

Comment

KatieB;847052 wrote: Yep, good on you! It's always a real eye-opener being sober when everyone else is drunk - and it always looks so pathetic! i saw a guy peeing in the street last weekend.. so disgusting but it used to seem so funny when your friends do that when you are all drunk.. funny if drunk, disgusting or pathetic it seems when you are sober!
          I much prefer the sober life too now..
          Katie xxx
          Goodness, that does sound pathetic now, doesn't it Katie? Makes staying sober seem so much more appealing.

Comment

Working...
          X