Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rung 15 and 1/2 way up the ladder.

Hi Guys & Gals

Just to let you know my smiley face is sitting on rung 15 of my ladder and can very clearly see the neck of the bottle. Soon it will be sitting on the edge looking down and saying I did it.

Have a good day everyone.

QQ
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Bravo QQ! Doesn't it feel just brill! I love that wake up moment that you sort of smile to yourself and say 'yes'. Keep going, it really does get easier (just don't get complacent, it's not THAT easy!!!)
    Have a lovely sober Tuesday, 'talk' tonight!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi QQ. Can you tell me how the ladder in bottle thing works. Is it a drawin. How's it work please. It sounds like somethin that'll work for me.
      Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
      AF since 04th May 2010
      Fell overboard on the 8th July!
      My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
      :crazymonkey:

Comment

Hey QQ, way to go. I am glad you are doing, and feeling well. Keep it up.
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Thanx for the continued support.

Molly - I know where you are coming from when you say 'It is not THAT easy'. Was so tempted Sunday to have 1 glass of wine with my dinner. At the moment this all hangs by a thread and 1 glass would have led to a bottle and most likely more. Last time I went this long without AL was Feb 09 I managed 27 days, went out on a first date and had wine with the meal. That is over 11 years ago and very scary.

Dizi my bottle is a peice of A4 with a bottle drawn on it (drew round an empty one not easy as it kept rolling). In the bottle I drew a ladder with 30 rungs on it, then I laminated it. Next I made 2 x smiley faces and sad faces, (laminated again) coz hubby is climbing with me. Blue tack holds them in place on the ladder. If I have AL I have to go back to the bottom of the bottle and a sad face waits at the rung I reached. Have to admit to falling off a few times at day 5, but now I am climbing high. Hubby will make day 5 today. He will be back to work Thurs so there is a very good chance by Mon next week he will be at rung 11. He is not going to catch me tho. Good luck Dizi hope it works for you.
          Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Hey there,
            You keep going to the top of the bottle! You are half way there, go for it. Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading more.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
            X