Head spin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head spin....

This is the 1st site I have ever been on to regarding addiction to alcohol. My head is spinning as Im going through detox for the first time and need to talk with people who understand what its like, AWFUL.
    My worlds changing and im spinning out :upset:
    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Head spin....

:welcome:Pink Angel, you have found a great site to help with alcohol addiction. Someone will come on with better advise than me for Detox. Mine was about one week and headaches and sick feeling. Not sure what you are having or feeling but I'm sure others have experienced what you are, if you want to put more detail out there. It does get better though, keep posting and reading as much as you can, it helps.
    AF since April 19, 2010
    NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
    -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Head spin....

Thanks, yea thumping headaches, body aches and nausea. Just had a massage which helped.
      HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Head spin....

Hi Pink Angel,

always good to see another kiwi on here!

How are you doing? Has the massage helped? Are you drinking lots of water???

What are you doing in terms of de-tox and is this your first time doing it??

I'm around for the next couple of hours if you want.
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Head spin....

Welocme Pink Angel

You will soon realise what a wonderful place you have found. Good luck with the detox - afraid I can't help much on that either, apart from giving up caffiene which gives you a headache. The only way to get rid of it is to drink something with caffiene in. Lasted around a week.

What are all these toxins doing to our bodies? AL included.

QQ
          Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Head spin....

Hi, massage didnt help much. My headache went but came back after an hour. Yes this is my 1st time AF. 1st detox also. 1st time I have admitted im addicted to alcohol. Big steps.
            HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Head spin....

Hi Pink Angel, hang on in there and drink lots and lots of water.

You might also find it helpful to read some of the posts on these threads. They have lots of helpful thoughts and suggestions on them.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html

Also, dont be shy about jumping in on some of the regular threads - Newbies Nest, Army thread, Next Day Thread (the NDT has mostly australians and is in our time zone!)

hang on in there
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Head spin....

Time. It just takes time to feel better physically. But you will feel better, younger, healthier, more hopeful, and just so thankful. Rest, lots of water with lemon, fresh foods, soups, and a walk in the fresh air if you are able. Lots of showers and/or baths can be helpful too.

You have done something wonderful for yourself, given yourself a gift worth millions. You are just starting on this journey and it is quite a ride. Read the posts and notice that when people are alcohol free (AF) they are so positive and happy. Drinking, they are down in the dumps and sick. Over and over again I have noticed this and come to the conclusion that alcohol is a poison. So, learn all you can, make your plan and know you have come to a good place with lots of support. Welcome.
                Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Head spin....

Pink Angel;849259 wrote: Hi, massage didnt help much. My headache went but came back after an hour. Yes this is my 1st time AF. 1st detox also. 1st time I have admitted im addicted to alcohol. Big steps.
                  Did you drink lots of water after the massage, as this gets rid of toxins. I have had a massage before and ended up with a headache due to not taking in enough fluids.
                  Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Head spin....

Good day Pink Angel ! I hope you are feeling better. You are doing an awsome job and are an inspiration. Thank you for talking last night.

Comment

Working...
                    X