X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No easier

Day 2 and not so good!

Hi Everyone,

The reason for embarking on the program is I want to cut back drastically on the amount of wine I drink usually a bottle each night sometimes going into a 2nd - if I put my mind to it I can go a night with a glass but I don't often put my mind to it

On the outset I'd decided to moderate rather than abstain.

Started Weds 5th May 2010 by using 25mg Topamax, 3000mg Kudzu, 1000mg L-Glutamine and B50 - I can't do all the other supplements, I find them just too much to swallow (pardon the pun!!) I haven't bought the hypno tapes but do use a CD that I've got for relaxation.

Weds started well, felt abit tried during the day, but managed to go without any wine and found it really easy to keep the little nagging voice in the back of my head (no I'm not nuts promise!) quiet. Thought this is going to be easy...

Day 2 Thursday - decided to have a glass of wine around 8.30 pm normally I'd have started around 6.30pm - my decision to test the water... well it all went horribly wrong! Although I did drink more slowly and I was very aware of what I was drink I drank almost not quite a whole bottle...this IS NOT going to be has easy as I first thought:upset:

As anyone else been here? I thought the meds were supposed to switch off those I want more indicators for moderators? Didn't for me - looks like I'll need to abstain for a couple of months until I kick the habit and then try moderation.

Comment

No easier

We all have the little voice - I call it my addict self.

Now the meds do or can help. Some people talk about 'the switch' with Baclofen however really a very large proportion has to come from you. There is no miracle cure (Ok quite a few have found a lot of success with certain meds), change has to come from you. What I'm trying to say if you put all your hopes the meds or rely on them to 'cure' you it almost definitely won't work.

I've tried most of the meds/supplements as well as spending a fortune on private residential stays and lots of time at many AA meetings. I only stopped when I decided I really wanted and understood how I was going to have to change.

Perhaps take some time to read around the forum including the meds & supplement sections plus a few of the journey's and way's people have found success. Moderation a lot on here have found no good whatsoever - and this agrees with most 'experts' on the subject of addiction (apart from where food is the problem!).

You are in the right place though. :welcome:

Comment

Working...
      X